Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > My fourth and final VT

I started my driving life with a 106 ( dont hate me) but soon rear ended another car with it shortly after passing my test back in 2007.

This was followed shortly after by my much loved and moded Posi Blue VTR. After encountering my first problem, a quick internet search ended me up discovering Sax-P .

Much money, blood, sweat, miles and years later here I am with (another) mint Saxo which has so far lasted longer than my last one only because it was taken off the road to preserve/work on it. Below is the story of how its gone so far
Rate this Entry

I swore i'd never buy another saxo... I lied

Submit "I swore i'd never buy another saxo... I lied" to Google Submit "I swore i'd never buy another saxo... I lied" to Facebook Submit "I swore i'd never buy another saxo... I lied" to StumbleUpon Submit "I swore i'd never buy another saxo... I lied" to Digg Submit "I swore i'd never buy another saxo... I lied" to Twitter
Posted 29th April 2010 at 14:19 by mtpagey
Updated 7th June 2010 at 09:43 by mtpagey

Yes you read it right. Yet again i've been drawn back to the 'french tin cans' but with good reason...

Put the corsa up for sale as wanted to see what interest there was in it/wanted a change.

Was all set to swap it for a white glanza last friday but on the thursday I night I finally remembere to HPI check it. Was a bit gutted to find it was a CatC write off in June last year. Current owner knew nothing about it but contacted the last owner who told him the details.

Apparently it was written off as it was broken into, the drivers door damaged and window broken. With it being an import, insurance wrote it off and though it had been repaired it still bothered me.

Had noticed "Dboyvts" had his ex supercharged saxo up for sale and had already pm'd him with an offer. Apparently someone was meant to be coming up to see it from down south but due to the ash cloud coudnt get a flight booked. (fate? )

In I stepped with another offer, got the train to Paisley on Saturday, Stormin picked me up and away we went. Looked over the car, was in great nick for the year, everything was tight like my mk2 vts is so knew the body mileage was legit.

With it being sat for long periods and Neil's self confession of not being big on cleaning it does need a good clay, some APC, elbow grease and a trip to the body shop perhaps to sort out a couple of big chips on the bumpers/body. As it happens i've just had a huge can of Tardis arrive from Polished Bliss so the lumps and bumps in the paitn will soon dissapear The defects are nothing time wont sort out though, and he may not be big on cleaning but certainly knows his engines The dyno graphs from 'back in the day' are immense!

So after buying it, the next day Ian and I met up with Andy Miller to head down to the Bolton Abbey Meet:

After the rain chased most fowk away, and the rest were heading off we left too only for me hit a pothole 30 seconds later after swerving to avoid the first.

Knew from the sound as soon as I hit it that I'd damaged something so it was straight on the walkie talkie to the guys to pull over. First stop was the posh restaurant/country house at the start of the estate

Dodging the evils from the sunday lunchers for spoiling the peace with 3 de-catted saxo's we found some spaces, had a quick look under the car to check it was nothing major and limped up the road.

Got the car to the garage yesterday, it's needing a new wheel bearing and wishbone. That plus the fact its booked into Citroen on Friday afternoon for diagnostics (got a misfire) brings my total bill so far to £235.

Talk about welcome'd back to the French world with a bang! Literally! Also tbh, a bit glad I made it up the road without losing my n/s front caliper/braking ability altogether!

When we were under the car, my mechanic mate pointed out to me that the top bolt for the n/s front caliper is loose and just spins so the thread must be stripped and the bottom one was holding on by not a lot. Couple of threads if i was lucky...

On a positive note though, I've already started modding it. Putting the blue flock which was bought as white flock for my mk2 vts. Turned out the leather in that isnt white but cream to match the standard plastics Then after colouring it blue i decided not to bother using it at all so now i've got a use for it and means £300 hasnt gone down the drain

Plans so far for the White VTS:

Buckets,
Cage,
Harnesses,
Wheels maybe sprayed blue to go with the flock
Calipers painted blue,
Paint touched up
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3209 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments