Mobile Devices: Lite Theme CitroŽn: CitroŽn Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Andi9386

Rate this Entry

My Accident!

Submit "My Accident!" to Google Submit "My Accident!" to Facebook Submit "My Accident!" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Accident!" to Digg Submit "My Accident!" to Twitter
Posted 21st April 2008 at 12:02 by Andi9386

Right I've given this some thought, and I can't hid it away for ever.

On the 12th March, whilst packing my stuff ready to move from Selsey (West Sussex!) to Symington (South Ayrshire), my Mum phoned me and asked if I wan't to go down to the Bill, and take somw photos of the stormy Sea.

Now I've seen the sea quite stormy loads of times, but this had been on the National and Local News, but this worse than I'd ever seen.

We got down there and found loads of people taking Photos, so I got my Camera out and stated taking photos (Which can be viewed in my other blog!), but I wanted to get really good photos, so I decided to stand up on a wall surrounding a private housing estate.

After about 30 minutes my mum suggetsed we try and head down to Westsands Caravan Park, so I said I wanted to get some last photos, so I went round to another part of the wall (Which is only 3ft high!) where it was low, but had a slight slope, as I went to stand up on this part of the wall, I lost my Balance and slipped off.

My mum came over as she'd seen me fall, and asked if I was ok, I said that I was, but then I looked down at my Right Ankle, and went into shock almost immediately.

The reason for that was my Ankle was pointing to the left, which as you know is NOT good.

So my mum went and bought the car round while I shuffled on my Backside towards the wall so I could stand up.

My Mum then drove me straight to St Richards Hospital (Chichester, 8 miles from Selsey!), as I was wheelled in and started giving my details to the Recptionist, a nurse came out and took me straight into Recuss, because of I was in so much shock.

I was helped onto a trolley bed, and the nurse got more staff to help her put my ankle back in place. In the end there was about 6 or 7 staff there, including a doctor because they couldn't find my vein to get blood from, as we have a problem in our family.

The nurse then said that they were going to slowly straighten my leg and put my Ankle back in place, this was after they gave me a shot of Morphine (Nice Stuff), so when they put my Ankle back in I yelled out in soo much pain.

The Plaster Technican then put my leg in plaster right up to my thigh.

Then I was taken to X-Ray, then onto the Majour Injuries ward, where I stayed for about 5 hours, before being addmitted to Middleton Ward, where I stayed for 48 hours .

On the second day (Wednesday 13th) my Mum and Nan came to visit me . My Nan went home about half 5 (Visiting times were 3pm- 8pm) and my Mum came Back just after 6 with some Cheese Sandwhiches which my Nan had made.

Just after I had started eating my Best Friend and his parents came and visited me .
They went home about Half 7 pm.

And just as I started eating my last sandwhich one of the Nurse's came round to check my Blood Pressure, Temperature and Pulse, she said that she would wait until I'd finished Eating.

Then just before Lights out (9:30 PM) a couple of staff were sorting out Paitents bed's and gave me some more Pillows and put the headrest in the up position so I could lay down.

The Final day (Friday 14th) I was taken down to the Plaster Room in a Wheelchair with a Leg rest so I could keep my leg up.
I had the cast cut down to below the Knee, then had a fibreglass cast over the top of the Plaster.

Once I was back on the ward in my bed with my leg up, I had a Doctor come round to see how I was and gave me a Letter to give to my Doctor when I got up to Scotland, and a CD-ROM with my X-Ray's on, then wrote me out a Perscription for Cocodamol Tablets (Pain Killers), I then had a Physio came round with a Set of crutches, and to have a chat with me about what I'd done and how I'd done it.

Then he and the Main Ward Nurse took me towards the Satirs with the Crutches, so I could practise getting up and down Stairs.

I was then taken back to the ward, and after about half an hour my Mum came with some clothes as I'd been wearing a Hospital Gown, Hospital Stocking (Stop DVT) and the underpants I wore the day I had the accident.

I was taken down to the main Entrance in a wheelchair and then my Mum took me home to my Nan's where I spent from Friday afternoon until the Sunday Morning when my Mum and I had 10hr drive to Scotland.

I've been to the Local Hospital 5 times, had the original cast removed on the 4th visit but as the foot was still too swolen to be put in a walking cast, so they had to put a temporary cast which I had on for 1 week.

I had that removed last week (Visit number 5), and had a walking cast put on and given a Rocker (Cast Shoe) so I can hobble round and try to put a bit of weight on my foot.

I have got to go back on the 30th April to have the cast removed, then onto Physio.

I'm hoping to be able to drive again by Early to mid next month .

Then find a job, get some money, tax my car and put some petrol in.

So now you all know what I've done.
That's why I looked miserable on one of my Avatar Pictures.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7200 Comments 6
Total Comments 6


  1. Old Comment
    Simo's Avatar
    Sounds like a bit of a disaster weekend/week that Andi!

    I've never broken a bone so cant appreciate the pain. I did twist my knee backwards (yes backwards) a couple of years ago, which put me on crutches for a few weeks. SOmehow I still managed to drive and get abck and to from work though. (workaholic!)

    Nice blog... its always interesting to hear about someone elses life... in a weird 'big-brother' kind of way
    Posted 21st April 2008 at 23:15 by Simo Simo is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Andi9386's Avatar
    This is my fifth break in 10 years.

    This is the order I have done them in:
    1998- Broke my Wright wrist by geting pushed over by another student at School.

    1999- Broke my left arm just below the shoulder, tyred to jump up an touch the top of a goal post and slipped.

    2000- Right Wrist again, crouching down to talk to a 7 year old, and he pushed me, put my hand down to support myself and broke the wrist again.

    2005- Broke my Left Collar Bone while having a lads ruf and tumble sort of thing at College.

    2008- Dislocated my Right ankle and broke the Third, Fourth and Fith Metatarsle (3rd, 4th and 5th Toe!) and am still in plaster until next wednesday.

    Then hopefully after that I'll be up and about.

    Saxperience and our Dogs are the only things keeping me happy.
    Posted 22nd April 2008 at 13:14 by Andi9386 Andi9386 is offline
  3. Old Comment
    David's Avatar
    Least the photos weren't too bad...
    Posted 25th April 2008 at 13:06 by David David is offline
  4. Old Comment
    barrett's Avatar
    unlucky dude, always interesting to read what people say experiencing the service from the other side of the desk!

    Sounds like you had a bit of a nightmare, atleast the stay in hosp wasnt too bad... did you ahve to pay to use the tv?
    Posted 30th April 2008 at 23:20 by barrett barrett is offline
  5. Old Comment
    Andi9386's Avatar
    Yeah the Telly and Radio and everything on the screen was on a card system which had to have £5 minium, so I didn't bother, instead played my PSP and read my mags.
    Posted 1st May 2008 at 01:05 by Andi9386 Andi9386 is offline
  6. Old Comment
    Nij's Avatar
    the joys of mobile internet (mind you not all hospital wards let you have your phone one, let alone a laptop etc).

    good pics though, atleast you can be proud of them
    Posted 23rd May 2008 at 02:20 by Nij Nij is offline

All times are GMT. The time now is 17:06.