Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Alex's Blog

Rate this Entry

Fitting a new cat,

Submit "Fitting a new cat," to Google Submit "Fitting a new cat," to Facebook Submit "Fitting a new cat," to StumbleUpon Submit "Fitting a new cat," to Digg Submit "Fitting a new cat," to Twitter
Posted 16th November 2008 at 13:01 by Alex

How hard can it be?
Set off this morning to my mates place to change the cat on his 1.4 Saxo as the old one decided to split in two.

First i try to undo the clamp holding the old cat to the center section, Nope, rusted solid.

Fine, So i had to undo the manifold bolts to take the whole system off.

Now it's off the car it should be easier, no, still solid. So after drenching it in WD40 and a few kicks it gives way and comes off.

Now the new cat can go on, Thinking it would all fit fine i put the cat-back system on and try to fit the cat, but the center section will only go in a couple cm. Seems the new cat pipe gets smaller to early.

After a bit of debating as to what to do my mate brings out a blunt hacksaw so i can try to cut the center section down a bit, I give it ago anyway and it just brushes off the rust

Luckily his neighbour pops out and said hows it going, we explain the situation and he said "I've got an angle grinder if you want it cut down" :O
Bit of a save there, So i whip the system off again and take it over to his van where he slices off the excess in seconds.

Place the cat on the center section and it now fits, thank f**k, Get it all back together and job done.

What i was hoping would be a 20min swap turned into a 2 hour ordeal!

My little rant for the day.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6147 Comments 2
« lol, to loud     Main
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Should have asked the dog to help..

Sorry I had to Adventure sounds fun though. big tools = best.
  2. Old Comment
    haha tis always the way, nothing is simple with french cars, can either take 5 minutes of 5 days. Nice one on the neighbours part though, my neighbours the same.

"gunna need a bigger lever bar then that bud"
    *comes out with a 2 metre long bar*