Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

A Few New Toys Arrive...

Submit "A Few New Toys Arrive..." to Google Submit "A Few New Toys Arrive..." to Facebook Submit "A Few New Toys Arrive..." to StumbleUpon Submit "A Few New Toys Arrive..." to Digg Submit "A Few New Toys Arrive..." to Twitter
Posted 14th May 2009 at 00:41 by Simo

February 2002... Time to strengthen a few things.

There's been a bit of a delay getting my car back on the road, as RC Developments have moved premises. This has however given me some time to gather a few essential components. Top of the list being a stronger clutch!

GMC Motorsport were able to get an AP Racing 4-paddle clutch and strengthened clutch cover fabricated... It looks like a bit of a beast and should cope with whatever power the engine can throw at it!?

Next on the list was a new set of caliper spacing brackets from Severnside Motorsport. The brackets and all of the necessary bolts arrived within 2 days, which I thought was a pretty good service. These new brackets will be fitted as soon as possible, so that the SST items are removed. (Muchos dodgy grinding of caliper runners has been observed!!)

March 2002... More new toys.

RC Developments have now moved premises and they've agreed a date of the 15th March to get my car back on the road... Fingers crossed.

So that I can keep an eye on the fuel MAP when I do get the car back, I've bought an Alpha air/fuel ratio meter from GMC Motorsport. This should prove to be very useful and it will let me know if theres any risk of blowing the new engine due to under or over fuelling.

While my new engine is being stripped down at RC Developments, I thought it would be best to re-fit two head gaskets, rather than goto the expense of fitting forged pistons just now. I bought two of the thickest gaskets from Citroen (+0.4)... this should lower the compression of the head sufficiently to handle the boost pressure I plan to run for now. Whilst buying the head gaskets I thought I'd better pick up a new set of head bolts too... better safe than sorry!

Russel has fabricated some amazing boost pipes and a custom exhaust system. The quality of the workmanship on the fabricated pipes is amazing!!! Top effort Russel, and RC for sourcing some quality components.

With the first of the National car shows in April, there is no time to relax yet!! As soon as the car emerges from RC, it needs to go into see Rob, my bodyshop friend. Once in the bodyshop, new front and rear bumpers will be fitted and painted.

Views 2765 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks