Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

What a shed!

Submit "What a shed!" to Google Submit "What a shed!" to Facebook Submit "What a shed!" to StumbleUpon Submit "What a shed!" to Digg Submit "What a shed!" to Twitter
Posted 11th May 2008 at 11:02 by Simo

The dreaded day came.... the once yearly event... the day when you really would prefer to be watching paint dry!! Yes, that's right... yesterday was the day I had to 'sort out the shed!'

My garden shed is only pretty small, but this is made worse by the fact I actually have two sheds. One of which I intend to knock down very shortly. So, Ive got to try and get the contents of two very messy sheds into one, whilst still being able to get in and out of it!

After ripping everything out of the garden shed that's staying, it became clear straight away that there's just far too much crap in there! A man's shed is his sacred place... somewhere that women rarely dare to venture... except to dump more crap on top of the crap they dumped there the weekend before

I had to get some shelves.... a trip to B&Q was a waste of half an hour! They had absolutely no decent shelving in stock! I did pickup a few climbing plants though... a job for later this afternoon

Second stop... Argoos! Result : 5-tier plastic shelving for £20 a pop. I'll take two please!!

Back at home, the shelving was built whilst supping a bottle of Kronenberg. (don't you just love spring/summer!) Next... the decisions about what to put back in the shed and what to throw away! There's a hell of a lot of stuff for someone to sell on a car boot now, or throw on Ebay!

The end result is pretty good though... there's still a lot of sorting to do, but atleast I can now walk in and out of the shed and get my hands on almost everything I need, fairly quickly

Still reckon I need a bigger shed though... watch this space! Muhahaha...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3239_x.jpg (104.3 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3244_x.jpg (84.6 KB, 64 views)
Posted in Simo' Says...
Views 22420 Comments 10
Total Comments 10

Comments

1. Old Comment
    looks quite organised and accesible now!

My dad has 1 wooden shed at the bottom of the garden, not sure whats in it as when you open the door stuff falls out and its a nightmare getting it backin.

2 big plastic ones at the side of the house, full of more stuff. 1 small plastic one on the other side which i have all my detailing stuff in, a spare fish tanks and other general crap of mine. There there is another small one with the spare fold away chairs in!

Seems my dad can;t have too many sheds!

Looks like you have got it all sorted in there now... bet when you get home on monday suie will have a stack of things in the conservatory for you to put into the shed to fill it back up!

My back garden is better than yours!

The green isnt grass, the concrete has just gone that colour, maybe your meant to sweep them every so often?
  2. Old Comment
    That looks like a yard off Coronation Street Mikey

Killer question.... whats under the cover? Cant imagine its a fancy BBQ in a student house is it?
  3. Old Comment
    i see the 'other' turbo isnt in the shed anymore lol

we need to buy a new shed, we ghave been meaning to buy one for 18 months so we can empty the garage of the old sheds contents!
  4. Old Comment
    THe 'other' turbo is still in the shed actually Jay... top of the left hand shelf at the rear
  5. Old Comment
    i prey my mrs dont see this thread, she was nagging me for weeks to sort the shed out. we have been decorating and emptying the loft, so everything and anything we wanted to keep but didnt have a place for is in ours lol
  6. Old Comment
    Arrgh I hate sheds! We need a bigger one.. house is too small there for we need a bigger shed to "dump stuff" we have no room for in the house.

Btw you have the same lawnmower as me haha!

Put the cable in the grass tray then you can fold it up (if you havent already lol) saves alot of space tbh.
  7. Old Comment
    Top tip with the cable! Thanks
  8. Old Comment
    Aye it is actually a fancy BBQ, my housemates parents bought a new super dooper 2 years back and we went straight to his to nab there old one! Its serving us very very well! Constant BBQ's in summer, but this year we are doing finals so only been used twice unfortunatley, off to get gas tomorrow though i think!
  9. Old Comment
    Are you like my father in law?

The annual shed clearance = take everything out, put it all back and throw nothing away!
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by barrett View Comment
    looks quite organised and accesible now!

My dad has 1 wooden shed at the bottom of the garden, not sure whats in it as when you open the door stuff falls out and its a nightmare getting it backin.

2 big plastic ones at the side of the house, full of more stuff. 1 small plastic one on the other side which i have all my detailing stuff in, a spare fish tanks and other general crap of mine. There there is another small one with the spare fold away chairs in!

Seems my dad can;t have too many sheds!

Looks like you have got it all sorted in there now... bet when you get home on monday suie will have a stack of things in the conservatory for you to put into the shed to fill it back up!

My back garden is better than yours!

The green isnt grass, the concrete has just gone that colour, maybe your meant to sweep them every so often?
    Why don't you add some colors on it or made a a palette and put it below the window of the Shed.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks