Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs

Old

Three months off? Bored? Fly round the world then ;)

Posted 24th August 2008 at 12:56 by MikeCracknell
Updated 26th August 2008 at 19:52 by MikeCracknell

Having had my dream taken away from me with my eyesite issue, I thought with the time I was off for, I'de see the world, but in a different way!

Gatwick to Toulouse Blagnac:

Toulouse Blagnac to Zurich Kloten:

Zurich Kloten to Athens

Athens to Larnaca

Central South
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Team GB's Gold Medal Haul

Posted 19th August 2008 at 21:59 by MikeCracknell

So we are third in the world at the moment in the medal tables. Wonderful! Congrats Team GB, but make the most of it! Success in Beijing, lets hope we can do the same in 2012!

That is if we dare show our faces, as the whole thing will be an embarrasment after Beijing!
Central South
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Embarrassment that will be London 2012

Posted 14th August 2008 at 20:02 by MikeCracknell
Updated 14th August 2008 at 20:07 by MikeCracknell

After the nothing short of amazing, spectacular, awesome (and a whole other collection of similar adjectives) opening and running of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, I can only come to the conclusion that London 2012 will be a national embarrasment, showing how destroyed and buggered up this country really is.

This will be utterly out of reach for our poor country:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ytgyb4-0Ik

Biggest waste of £40 billion ever.

I'm glad that the people of Sax-p have come up with some awesome ideas to help the Olympic comittee...
Central South
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Holidaying in the UK and the cost

Posted 29th June 2008 at 16:32 by MikeCracknell

So the government likes us to use public transport to get to places, they love to encourage us out of our cars and onto the more environmentally friendly public transport system...

A group of use are going to Scotland this summer for a camping holiday - we are going to Fort William on the West Coast of Scotland, and we are going by car, but I thought i'd investigate other forms of transport and how much it would cost to get to Scotland and the length of time etc, and the results are very indicative of why people won't get out of their cars!

For arguements sake and...
Central South
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A walk on the wild side, and the hidden treasures you find

Posted 15th June 2008 at 21:25 by MikeCracknell

The area in which i live in has a few disused railways within 10 miles.

These railways used to be the main lines that ran people all over the south east, then they were all pulled up in 1963, leaving only the present day railway structure.

When we have been out exploring in the woods along the old tracks, we have been treated to some real amazing things, and when you walk through woods, it isn't the kind of thing you'd expect to find in a woods!

Start of the walk: A large pile of sand in a quarry which is still used.

Central South
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Planning a weeks Camping Holiday in Scotland

Posted 12th June 2008 at 22:17 by MikeCracknell

That time of year is getting closer for a group of us that are going camping again in the Highlands of Scotland.

It is the third year we have done this, and each year we have done has been really good fun.

The first year we stayed on a campsite on Loch Ness, and that was 35 miles each way to Inverness, the nearest shops!

Last year, we stayed at Glen Nevis Campsite - a little bit closer to down here, by about 40 miles! This is the 600 miles route we face this year:

Central South
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Losing your sight

Posted 22nd May 2008 at 21:57 by MikeCracknell
Updated 22nd May 2008 at 22:14 by MikeCracknell

I certainly have had my eyes opened (excuse the pun) in the last two and a half weeks.

A recent incident has meant that I have lost part of my sight in my left eye - I can hold my arm infront of my face and not see if with my left eye

It's too easy to take your sight for granted, it's only when you don't have it, you realise just how important it is!

BUT as the saying goes "Where there's blame, there's a claim"

I am still not sure if it is permanant or not - the eye hospital tomorrow should be able to tell me if it is or...
Central South
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Some of the best sites I use on the web...

Posted 14th April 2008 at 17:27 by MikeCracknell
Updated 22nd May 2008 at 22:03 by MikeCracknell

I just thought I'd share some sites with you that I use frequently.

Mostly Science/Technology ones, but there are some other ones on here too. (am gonna keep adding to it!)

BBC News - This is one of my favourite places to catch up on current affairs, and usually always contains articles in the Science and Nature categories which interest me alot!!!

How Stuff Works - the best place on the web to find out about how literally everything and anything works

BBC Focus Magazine - regular Science Magazine I get, has some really fascinating articles...
Central South
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Credit Cards, Loans and Financial Problems - Advice for you!

Posted 12th April 2008 at 14:58 by MikeCracknell

This is taken from my original post made a week or so back:

Having seen the number of posts being put up over the last few months about debt and credit cards (AlexR's Thread), I thought I could share some of my financial expertise with you all (and some of my bad experiences too)

THIS IS ADVICE ONLY. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR ANY WRONGDOINGS IN THIS POST

I worked in a bank as a financial advisor for three years, and really saw some people in sticky situations.

First things first:

Credit Cards
Central South
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Global Warming? A load of old S**T!!!!

Posted 7th April 2008 at 20:36 by MikeCracknell

The government love to tell us all about Global Warming and how all our activites are warming up the earth so much. The fact is it is a load of old tosh, well its not, but they are blowing it grossly out of proportion.

There is less CO2 in the atmosphere today than there has been ever before, and the temperature of the earth, while they claim it is rising x amount every year, is still WAY below what it used to be. We are still in the tail end of an ice age.

This graph shows how much CO2 has been in the atmosphere over the last 600 million years or so:

Central South
Posted in Uncategorized