Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment

Here's the progress blog for our Citroen Saxo VTR. It's owned by my girlfriend Nic, so all mods etc are okayed by her and fitted (and mostly payed for) by me. feel free to leave any comments or ask any questions. Hopefully it'll be informative and interesting.

Cheers, Alan.
Rate this Entry

New interior and lowering finally going to be done :)

Submit "New interior and lowering finally going to be done :)" to Google Submit "New interior and lowering finally going to be done :)" to Facebook Submit "New interior and lowering finally going to be done :)" to StumbleUpon Submit "New interior and lowering finally going to be done :)" to Digg Submit "New interior and lowering finally going to be done :)" to Twitter
Posted 31st July 2009 at 16:38 by Alanapone

Right. since my last post, i've had to put the standard center section back on the car as the race tube is too loud for everyday pootling, it just isn't comfortable on the motorways as you can't drive at motorway speeds i.e. 65 to 90 mph or it rattles my tiny brain to pieces! and with the balancing on the wheels being shot i can't take it above 80 with out the whole car turning into a giant vibrating mess.

I've just been over to Altringham to get said wheels balanced only to be told that "the machine take 30mins to set up and i'm fully booked today mate."
My own fault, I should have rang first... Anyway, I am going to go back tomorrow morning at the ungodly hour of 9am to have it done. Whilst their at it, they can give my handywork on the suspension a check over to make sure it's not going to fall off and possibly check the condition of the rear beam. It looks rusty as hell to me but to a pro (?) it may be okay.

On another note... the credit crunch has dictated that i'm not going to have a GTi leather interior so i thought seeing as the door cards in the veeter are VTS ones I'd have a look around for the seats to match.
After a bit of trawling on the for sale sections i found a chap in wigan selling a full interior so I PM'd him and he agreed to split so i got a full set of seats off him, some headlights and a set of rear lights (handy as one of the rear light bords was knackered) all for the princly sum of £25! bonus day!
The only problem now is i have took all the seats out of the car and put them in the "Command Center" (back bed room cum office) ready to clean them. the office looks like a spares sales room and I only have the two origional front seats in the car and i'm now thinking "hmmm track style is good, the cars a bit quicker already!" lol
I don't think i'd live very long if these seats didn't ALL go back in though hehehe.

So thats an update so far, car is quieter and slower due to standard center section but lighter and faster due to only having half the interior. Hopefully the next update should contain the following:

Interior cleaned and put in,
Race style feul cap removed and standard one in place,
266mm disk kit bought/fitted.

Fingers crossed.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1767 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks