Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs

Old

21st May 2008

Posted 21st May 2008 at 22:23 by danzman1991
Updated 23rd May 2008 at 13:05 by danzman1991

Simo recently brought to my attention, and a few other people on here, about the blogs not being used as much as they could.. So I thought I'd contribute my own waffle. So I began to think about what I could possibly write about, the only thing I could think of was a day to day diary kinda thing, which I'm 75% sure I won't keep it up, like any other diary I try and keep.

9.00am:
I woke up. The recycling people made a hell of a raquet "recycling" or whatever the noisy bastards were doing. I layed in bed for an hour just dozing.

10.00am:
Saxperience Forum Bum
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Life............

Posted 21st May 2008 at 14:26 by dsh85

no this isnt going to be a 'how shit is life' blog! just a bit of whats been goign on lately

firstly work situations keep creeping into my mind, im 23 now and been working at royal mail for 4 years almost. as far as a job goes i love it you are your own boss most of the time and just do your own thing however im thinking now that i want more than a part time contract (27.5 hours) but really am struggling in my mind on what i want to do!
its a real difficult one now as i should have done this years ago! a lot of places wont look to taking on a trainee at 23!
so i think...
Saxperience Post Whore
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

1 month on from my Accident.

Posted 19th May 2008 at 19:45 by Andi9386

Well its been just over a month since I had my accident.

I'm now fuly out of plaster (Thank God!) and able to walk around with the aid of Crutches, and I have to wear a compression Bandage to help with the swelling.

I start Physio this Friday coming (23/05/08) and thats going to be at the hospital near me (Crosshouse Hopital) so thats some good news.

Bad news is last Wednesday (14/05/2008) I had an appoitment at my local Job Centre where I was basically told that the Hospital shouldn't have given me the OK to start looking for work because I...
Established Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Starting New Job....

Posted 18th May 2008 at 09:18 by Luke

Well, tomorrow sees me starting a new job by the White Rose Centre in Leeds. I'm working for a company called WSP Management Services - they design and oversee the construction of buildings and roads.

As it stands today, I'm not nervous really - maybe meeting new people is a bit daunting I suppose. A lad from my work is over there now, says it's so laid back compared to Morrisons. We can use our mobiles as we like, internet, e-mail, they have there own forum and it won't be as strict as Morrisons.

I'm quite looking forward to it, just gonna be annoying sometimes as...
Saxperience Hardcore!
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Tyre puncture!

Posted 16th May 2008 at 00:57 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

On the way home from work this evening I had to pop into a garage for fuel... I was literally running in fumes

On the way out of the garage, 3 guys were admiring my car, They'd done their homework and were quoting all sorts of Megane R26 stuff from the mag's, etc.

So... I drove off from the garage feeling proud of the motor. Straight away I heard a tapping coming from the passengers side front wheel. The type of noise a stone makes when its lodged in the tyre tread.

On the way home, I tried a few moves to dis-lodge the stone, but it wasn't having...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tyre_1.jpg (94.5 KB, 84 views)
Administrator
Old

Me, gardening?

Posted 12th May 2008 at 10:03 by Nij

I got a little inspiration from Simo and his 'shed' to actually do something other than hang washing and BBQ'ing in our back yard.

From this;

To this;

There is soil in there, but I dont have a clue what to plant there. Any keen gardeners wanna assist? It only really gets hot sun in the mid morning.
Nij
Yorkshire
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Round 3 TJ services Northern Speed Championship

Posted 11th May 2008 at 22:40 by Andy72
Updated 12th May 2008 at 09:29 by Andy72

Round 3 of the the TJ services Northern Speed championship. Teessdie Autodrome.

After putting in a class leading time of 119 on my first run in round 1, followed by 3 hopeless wet weather times and missing round 2 held at 3 sisters I was keen to see how my lighter rallye wheels, new clutch and 4 branch faired. They changed the startline position slightly to on a slight bend which baffled a lot of competitors.

Track was nice and dry but overcast. First run saw a disappointing 121 seconds. The car felt very wallowy on the fast bends which I found out to be...
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Further mods

Posted 11th May 2008 at 22:38 by Andy72
Updated 12th May 2008 at 09:29 by Andy72

Been taking the weight losing a bit further ( i need all the help i can get as too many big macs have played their part on my 18stone fat ass).

The VTR door cards were fouling the side of my race seat so have fitted 90% of a 106 Rallye interior (i need the interior trim to comply with the road class regs). The smaller doorcards mean theres plenty of room between my seat and the door now. (its also quite a nice trim colour, black with red flecks). Just need either a 106 S1 rallye passneger seat or a black bucket to finish it off.

There no carpet fitted and the result...
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

First Sprint of the season - Good friday

Posted 11th May 2008 at 22:38 by Andy72
Updated 12th May 2008 at 09:30 by Andy72

First Sprint of the season - Good friday

Picked a lovely day for the first sprint of the 2008 Northern sprint championship at Tesside autodrome today.

Day started off dry and sunny at 10am and cars in my road going over 1400 class included 3 MGTF race cars, a BMW 325 challenge car, an 1800vvt Elise with head/cam mods etc, my saxo VTR (standard engine bar the supersprint system) and a seat cordoba gti.

First practise run of the day saw me blitz the pack, to tie fthe class lead with 119secs with one of the MGTF race cars. Next car to us was the elise...
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

My Sprint/hillclimb Progress - Year 2

Posted 11th May 2008 at 22:37 by Andy72
Updated 12th May 2008 at 09:30 by Andy72

Pre- Season

Im entered in the road going class of a Northern Based Speed Championship for 2008. Last year was my first year when i campaigned an Astra GSi but i swapped that for a low mileage Vtr. I dont thin it will be as quick in a straight line but it will certainly handle better and thats where most of the time is lost.

Bought completely standard from a pervious lady owner, its so far had the following mods -

Spax suspension
Fully Polybushed including engine mounts (the mounts made a massive difference to the car feel)
GE quickshift
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized