Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs

Here's the progress blog for our Citroen Saxo VTR. It's owned by my girlfriend Nic, so all mods etc are okayed by her and fitted (and mostly payed for) by me. feel free to leave any comments or ask any questions. Hopefully it'll be informative and interesting.

Cheers, Alan.
Old

It's all over. Last post for this blog

Posted 4th August 2012 at 19:19 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Well, after a long time coming the car is all gone.

I tried to sell as many parts as possible before scraping what was left. Today, my mate came over with his big van, we attacked the shell with an angle grinder to get it in, then we loaded it all up and took it off to the scrap yard down the road where I got a nice cool £20 for it!!!

Would have made more from selling it as a spares or repairs to the car breakers I bet! lol.

Ahh well, all done now. Just got to send off the V5 to the DVLA then S32 CTN will be no more.

Heres a...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The End.

Posted 28th April 2012 at 20:28 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Well, We've finally moved out of the nice house with the SHITE neighbours!

Not got the garage any more but the new place has a car port. It's not as good but it does provide a little protection from the wind but it leaks like buggery when it rains!

Any way. Got all the stuff to the new place and thought i'd start to strip the VTR down ready for transplanting all the VTS stuff on to it. Jacked her up to hear the sound of rust cracking. thought i'd rip the interior out to check inside and found everything that normally goes on these had gone! I mean litterally... There...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Still not much...

Posted 16th January 2012 at 12:17 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Not done a lot to the VTR to be honest other than put a standard exhaust and a K&N filter on it.

As you probably know I got a VTS for using as a track car.

Now, I thought it would be a little more fun and a bit quicker than the VTR but MY GOD!!! What a difference!

I had such a laugh in it at Anglesey but I'll save that for another post.

So As she stands at the minute. The VTR has a K&N filter and the apex suspension as the only remaining mods, other than the VTS interior! She still runs okay but could do with a good blast...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Latest news

Posted 12th September 2011 at 22:56 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Well, it's been a busy few months since I last posted on this.

The main jist of what's been going on was...

I got made the North West's Regional Meet Official! W00T.

We had a few meets, They were great fun and I got an okay turn out considering it was great weather and most people would have preferred to be in their locals. It was good that people showed support for the region and we managed to get some old faces out of their beds and away from the beer and BBQ's long enough for some decent banter.

We then went to TRAX. It was a good...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Boring update :(

Posted 6th June 2011 at 21:49 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Not much going on at the moment.

Not really got much money so nothing has been done to the Saxo apart from cleaning it. It's had a full detail the other month and looked really good until while we were out one day it pissed down so the car was all dirty again

Any way I'll add some photo's later on if I get chance.

Hopefully I'll be back soon with some decent updates.
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

track prep

Posted 23rd January 2011 at 17:24 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Well I've got my first track day next Sunday at Anglesey so I thought i'd get some DOT5.1 brake fluid in there and I managed to borrow a Bucket seat from Rorz.

My mate came over to help me do the brake fluid BUT I hadn't really bought enough to make us happy that we'd not get any air in the system plus we really need to bleed all the old DOT4 out and replace it entirely with the new DOT5.1. To do this we figured it would be best to get it up on 4 axle stands with the wheels off and drain each leg of the pipework out then refill it with the new stuff. Unfortunately I only have 2...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Done-ish...

Posted 7th January 2011 at 15:56 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Finally I've got the car all back together with the new additional fully functioning and slightly blinged up wing mirrors!

Managed to get the bearing on and the gearbox back together quite easily really. A bit of waggling and lifting and it slid back on. Then I just followed the How-To guide from on here to remember how it all went back together.

It's really just a case of a few plugs, and earth wire and a few linkages then undo a few bolts, take off the starter motor and the rest comes away! similar to put back together. I haven't got many if any pics of the work...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

No pics yet but...

Posted 4th January 2011 at 21:42 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

I've managed (with the help of my mate Jon) to get the thrust bearing sorted, it was a struggle but we managed to get everything apart and only snapped 2 bolts!

I've just finished in the garage getting it all back together only to find i forgot to put the wires on the starter motor! BOLLOCKS!!!!!

So tomorrow will hopefully consist of all the bits i need to get done PLUS trying to get the wires back on the S/M.

Hopefully then i can get the car started, take it for a quick spin and then do a service on it. After that i'm planning on getting...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Wintertime update.

Posted 28th November 2010 at 18:11 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Right it's been a while since i last updated this so I'll fill you in on what's been going on recently.

Not much really! lol. after the cleaning session in the last post, we took the car to the North West meet. It was a good day even though the place i'd suggested for the meet was really busy and there wasn't much room in the car park. The part of the car park we'd parked in also had some large muddy puddles! so after a bit of google map searching we found another place to go, This was also really busy and we all ended up parked all over the place. Another Google Map sesh later...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Bit of an update... not too much though

Posted 14th October 2010 at 17:26 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Right well....

First off, I got the cleaning kit i was after and managed to seal the garage floor and roof so with the regional meet coming up I thought i'd give it all a go. I snow foamed the car first, then washed it with this 2 bucket method i'd read about. The Chemical guys Maxi Suds II plus the Meguires wash mit made nice light work of the washing, the mit just glides over the car and the snow foaming managed to get all the bedded in crap off.

I was well impressed with the results of just washing the car with this method and some decent kit!

The...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0838.jpg (81.0 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0840.jpg (82.9 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0841.jpg (109.2 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0847.jpg (73.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0855.jpg (18.1 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0857.jpg (63.3 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0853.jpg (78.4 KB, 52 views)
North West
Posted in Uncategorized