Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Andy72

Rate this Entry

My Sprint/hillclimb Progress - Year 2

Submit "My Sprint/hillclimb Progress - Year 2" to Google Submit "My Sprint/hillclimb Progress - Year 2" to Facebook Submit "My Sprint/hillclimb Progress - Year 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Sprint/hillclimb Progress - Year 2" to Digg Submit "My Sprint/hillclimb Progress - Year 2" to Twitter
Posted 11th May 2008 at 22:37 by Andy72
Updated 12th May 2008 at 09:30 by Andy72

Pre- Season

Im entered in the road going class of a Northern Based Speed Championship for 2008. Last year was my first year when i campaigned an Astra GSi but i swapped that for a low mileage Vtr. I dont thin it will be as quick in a straight line but it will certainly handle better and thats where most of the time is lost.

Bought completely standard from a pervious lady owner, its so far had the following mods -

Spax suspension
Fully Polybushed including engine mounts (the mounts made a massive difference to the car feel)
GE quickshift (and the whole linkage arrangement tightened up/replaced as it was very sloppy)Supersprint Race Exhaust System
OMP Lower strut brace
Omp WRC suede steering wheel
Corbeau Kevlar/carbon Pro series seat.
Carbon Mirror caps.
BMC panel Filter in standard intake system
Khumo Ecsata Tyres on standard VTR rims

Not a huge amount of mods but im limited to the regulations for the road going class. (hence why all the trim is still there). A cage is optional and im currently deciding whether the increase in insurance and the extra weight is worth it.

As the season progreses i'll no doubt be tweaking a few things, adding more bits as i find i need them but rather than waste money upfront that i neednt spend, i'll see what the car needs by using it.

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2861 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    nice mate, next time your near me i will have to come and watch.