Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

Leaving on a jet plane...

Submit "Leaving on a jet plane..." to Google Submit "Leaving on a jet plane..." to Facebook Submit "Leaving on a jet plane..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Leaving on a jet plane..." to Digg Submit "Leaving on a jet plane..." to Twitter
Posted 2nd November 2008 at 01:35 by Simo

Over the last few weeks I've had to do quite a bit of travelling for work - Ive already been to Holland and East Germany... I have further trips lined up for Holland, France, Norway and Sweden.

But the next trip I go on starts in 6 hours and its to America. Ive known Ive been going for a few weeks now, but haven't really thought much about it. I've just finished grabbing PSP, iPod, laptop, clothes, etc together and am sorting a few last minute sax-p things out before heading to bed.

Having just looked at my travel itenary, it looks like I'll be experiencing quite a few airlines over the next week!

My chauffeurr picks me up at 7:30am - I'm gonna miss the Final of the F1 Grand Prix - I'm absolutely gutted! I then fly from Manchester airport to O'Hare International airport in Chicago.

Three hours later I then get another plane from Chicago to Charlotte Douglas International airport!?!?

Two hours later I then get a plane from Charlotte Douglas to Bush Field Augusta Airport.

I'm then gonna crash in a hotel overnight before heading to a chemical plant in Augusta on Monday morning. On Monday evening I board another flight from Bush Field Augusta Airport and fly back to Charlotte Douglas International airport. There I wait around for three hours, then hop on a plane to Louisville International Airport.

So thats 5 planes to actually get me to where I am supposed to be heading for a 4-day meeting/conference.

Luckily, on the way home on Friday 7th November I can fly from Louisville to Chicago, then directly back to Manchester... I arrive home at approx 8:30 on Saturday morning.

I still have no idea where in America these places are... I hope its not gonna be crazy hot or freezing cold as I've just packed jeans/shirts/T-shirts

Time to Google Earth it maybe.

I'm taking the Ixus with me, so no doubt I'll get some snaps along the way - will update as/when I get a wireless connection hooked up

UPDATE

OK, I've now Google'd this trip and know where I'm going... kind of
Attached Images
File Type: jpg us_trip1.jpg (58.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg us_trip2.jpg (69.3 KB, 23 views)
Posted in Simo' Says...
Views 10182 Comments 11
Total Comments 11

Comments

1. Old Comment
    sat in manchester airport now... Waiting to board. Just worked out i wont get to my hotel until 3am uk time... So this is gonna be one mother of a day travelling!
  2. Old Comment
    good luck with it simo!

hope you like planes. can you bring me back some proper KFC please?
  3. Old Comment
    Sounds one hell of a mission just to get to one location!!

Hope it all goes well.. X
  4. Old Comment
    well... Watched 3 movies on the luxury seats on the 1st plane... The time passed pretty quickly. Its a shame they didnt provide internet access.

Had to hang around at chicago airport for a few hours but just now arrived at charlotte airport. Last plane leaves in about 30mins.. Then a short cab ride to the hotel should see me in bed for about 3am ish uk time.

All i can report so far is the smallest cheese burger available is a half pounder. Lol. Time to snooze...
  5. Old Comment
    enjoy the trip, when you come across some rednecks be shore to ask the cab driver to stop and get some moonshine off them!! none of the weak stuff, i want the stuff that makes you blind!

enjoy the trip, big burgers, and cold weather
  6. Old Comment
    What happened to a quarter pounder with cheese? Or a Royale with cheese as it's known in Europe
  7. Old Comment
    Well, its been a busy week, but Im now on my way home!

Im currently sat at Louisville airport, waiting for the connecting flight to Chicago... then from there back home to Manchester airport for 8:30 Saturday morning.

The weathers just starting to turn a little suspect, so hopefully the Chicago flight doesnt get delayed!

Bye for now...
  8. Old Comment
    as if you get a chauffeur very classy!
  9. Old Comment
    Did you have a good trip?
  10. Old Comment
    Yeah, I had a good trip thanks!

Didnt get much sleep on the plane home, despite trying to get sozzled at the airport before getting on the plane

Been back a week and now Im heading back to Holland on Monday - too much travel just at the moment!!

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks