Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Andy72

Rate this Entry

First Sprint of the season - Good friday

Submit "First Sprint of the season - Good friday" to Google Submit "First Sprint of the season - Good friday" to Facebook Submit "First Sprint of the season - Good friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "First Sprint of the season - Good friday" to Digg Submit "First Sprint of the season - Good friday" to Twitter
Posted 11th May 2008 at 22:38 by Andy72
Updated 12th May 2008 at 09:30 by Andy72

First Sprint of the season - Good friday

Picked a lovely day for the first sprint of the 2008 Northern sprint championship at Tesside autodrome today.

Day started off dry and sunny at 10am and cars in my road going over 1400 class included 3 MGTF race cars, a BMW 325 challenge car, an 1800vvt Elise with head/cam mods etc, my saxo VTR (standard engine bar the supersprint system) and a seat cordoba gti.

First practise run of the day saw me blitz the pack, to tie fthe class lead with 119secs with one of the MGTF race cars. Next car to us was the elise on 123seconds with cordoba and BMW both on 124 seconds, the other MG's behind that. I was deffo on for some silverware.

Car felt ok, but definatly needs the tyres to warm up and the back end stepped out a few times unexpectidly and it understeered like a bitch.

Then the heavens opened. Ive found out the hardway that saxo's dont like wet weather, especially driven hard on the edge. A few more tail happy moments and i dropped down to 4th place where i never recovered. I even had a total spin on one chicane which was quite funny but didnt help my efforts much considering you only get 2 timed runs.

The cordoba, completely standard managed the wet weather quite well and actually performed better in the wet!.

A good day, but i need to sort wet handling out for next time.

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3000 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I'd love to do something like this!! I've spent many a weekend spectating, but never got my act together to get behind the wheel for an official run!

Sounds like you were able to punch above your weight until the heavens opened! The Saxo's handling often surprises some of the 'bigger boys'.

Make sure you keep us updated with your progress!