Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs

Old

Childcare Vouchers...

Posted 29th August 2008 at 17:11 by Luke

This month I decided to join the childcare voucher scheme at work.

It’s ran by a company called Sodexho who the nursery we take Ruby to, accept these vouchers. What happens is you give them an amount of money to be taken off your wage every month upto a maximum of £243 a month. I decided to go into it at £230 a month.

The best thing is though, you DON’T get taxed on that £230.

I have just got my wage slip today, saved myself £81 a month. I paid £130 Tax and £71 National Insurance – make you jealous? Lol.

So in theory, I’m paying £230...
Saxperience Hardcore!
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

My Citroén Saxo Westcoast...

Posted 25th August 2008 at 09:29 by Luke
Updated 12th December 2008 at 12:30 by Luke

Following on my first car, the Nissan Micra I decided the time I had come for me to change my car. I had been driving the Micra for just over 3 months, been to York in it a few times, done nearly 3,000 miles and it never missed a beat.

I had always liked Saxos, but I didn't want to take a big jump to VTR straight away, so I spotted a nice 1.4 in Persian Red about 10 miles away from home.

In the window, it was advertised for £1,495 with 12 months MOT and 2 months TAX. It was a 1999 S reg model, so I was expecting mileage to be 80k or something, but to my amazement...
Saxperience Hardcore!
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

My first car....

Posted 24th August 2008 at 18:10 by Luke

Well, back in July 2005 I had my test booked for 3rd August, but was still looking at cars that I want for when I passed.

I had roughly £1,500 in the bank for a car, but I was really unsure what to get - MK3 Fiesta, Corsa B, 106 1.1 or a Saxo 1.1. As it happens, my Mums cousin was selling his father in laws old Nissan Micra and asked if I was interested. When I was asked, I instantly said NO as it would be an embarrasment but I was forced to go see and I'm glad I did to be honest.

It was a 1992 K reg Nissan Micra 1.0L Phoenix 5 Door in White complete with rust lol!...
Saxperience Hardcore!
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Photographs of my eyes....

Posted 24th August 2008 at 11:06 by Luke

Some of you may know I had my eyes tested the other day and I decided to have the extensive photos taken too.

They test for all sorts, but mine are perfect.
Saxperience Hardcore!
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Ruby's Day Out with Daddy...

Posted 24th August 2008 at 10:22 by Luke

Well, I thought it's time I start taking Ruby out for days with me - seeing though she is older and is very interested to see what is going on.

I gave her lunch, then we headed upto Yeadon Tarn (lake) where there was ducks etc. We did a couple of laps around the tarn, Ruby loved the ducks and just sat there being generally nosy as usual - must be a woman thing.

Think I'll take her to a place called Ogden Water tomorrow.

Few pictures...
Saxperience Hardcore!
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

308 Review.

Posted 28th June 2008 at 17:38 by Luke

Well seeing though the 307 is back in the garage for MORE working doing on it, I have been given the pleasure of driving this beast - which infact I rather like.

It's a 1.6 THP Sport (150bhp). At first, when I picked up the car I knew it was quick but as I read on the internet Thursday night - these models are Turbo and now I can tell it is the more miles I have done.

It's quite well equipped too with Bluetooth Handsfree, Seat senses someone is there for seatbelt, MP3 Player, Cruise Control and all usual crap.

It's a bit thirsty at times, especially...
Saxperience Hardcore!
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Starting New Job....

Posted 18th May 2008 at 09:18 by Luke

Well, tomorrow sees me starting a new job by the White Rose Centre in Leeds. I'm working for a company called WSP Management Services - they design and oversee the construction of buildings and roads.

As it stands today, I'm not nervous really - maybe meeting new people is a bit daunting I suppose. A lad from my work is over there now, says it's so laid back compared to Morrisons. We can use our mobiles as we like, internet, e-mail, they have there own forum and it won't be as strict as Morrisons.

I'm quite looking forward to it, just gonna be annoying sometimes as...
Saxperience Hardcore!
Posted in Uncategorized