Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

Getting things moving...

Submit "Getting things moving..." to Google Submit "Getting things moving..." to Facebook Submit "Getting things moving..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Getting things moving..." to Digg Submit "Getting things moving..." to Twitter
Posted 12th May 2009 at 00:49 by Simo

January 2000... New Shoes.

It was now time for some new shoes for the Saxo. I took a trip over to Wheelbase near Manchester and after a few hours deliberation, I opted for a set of 16" TSW Evo-R's, dressed with 195x45 Michellin SX-GT Pilot Sport tyres. The new alloys worked really well with the subtle lowering, and snuggly filled the arches. Minor mods were required to the rear bumper brackets to stop scrubbage over road bumps.

With a small number of engine and handling goodies now on the car, it was time to make a few styling mods. I picked up a set of M3 mirrors from the Doncaster 2000 show. I fitted them along with a DIY rear splitter (ex Seat Ibiza Cupra Sport), and a DIY single front wiper conversion. I then removed the front 'smilie' grille, and replaced it with some mesh. I like having a go at mod' myself - it;s the best way to learn.

While at the Doncaster 2000 show, I was introduced to Gary Stone (owner of Saxo Sports Tuning - SST). We got on quite well and I agreed to travel up to Brotton, where he was based, to pay him a visit. The day finally arrived and a small convoy of SSC members made the trip to SST HQ with me.

My car was having a set of Piper re-profiled cams fitted. The work took about 4 hours from start to finish. Gary was soon showing me the limits of what my car could do on his 'personal test track!' He really was a bit of a nutter when behind the wheel

The cams really livened the engine up, and once 5,000rpm was hit the growl from under the bonnet was awesome. I was pleased with the difference this first mechanical mod' had made to the drive.

June 2000... Better Breathing.

I now turned my attention to some interior mods... First to go were the door pins!! A definite must for any Saxo owner who wants to keep hold of their car. To be a little different, I had the holes masked over by a friend of mine who did dashboard repairs. This masked over the holes really well and was a better solution than plugging the hole with rubber grommets

I also had a set of chequer-plate floor mats made up, and DIY'd some alloy effect dash colour coding.

A month or so later the car's breathing was eased by fitting a Janspeed 4-branch manifold and a Magnex de-cat pipe. These two mods helped to deepen the tone of the engine, which is always nice.

Into the bargain came increased throttle response and improved revability throughout the whole rev range. The de-cat pipe also gave a tinny rasp, which did get a little annoying after a while

Views 8986 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks