Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > ShoooRn94's Blog.

ShoooRn94's saxyness
Rate this Entry

The concert

Submit "The concert" to Google Submit "The concert" to Facebook Submit "The concert" to StumbleUpon Submit "The concert" to Digg Submit "The concert" to Twitter
Posted 3rd June 2008 at 23:24 by shooorn94

Finally after months of searching back in March I finally grabbed some tickets to the Foo fighters at 3am or some crazy time all those months ago and got to see them for the second time yesterday.
The gig was in Manchester a 2 hour and a bit trek by car to the City centre, but we (2 of my best mates and myself) decided we'd camp the night before and the night after to get our energy back for when we return home.

After the long drive after work I was nackered (as that Sunday our network routers for the till checkouts and the cash office as400's went down leaving me as the only technically minded staff member in charge of fixing it leaving me nackered and in a rush) we arrived at the campsite. It was creepy, the kind of campsite from a horror movie where everyone disappears, we drove in and all around the grounds were smashed up caravans, and nackered old cars.... we found the field and spoke to a Scandinavian lady who told us we could set up next to them.

We set the tent up and went straight into Manchester City in search of food!

After waiting for 10mins in the mcdonalds quee and hearing a worrying squeak from the engine bay we ate our dinner at 1am.

The next day is where it began, the first thing I did was pay up at the campsite, me being honest I paid for the whole 2 nights, although we could of got away with one.

We drove to Manchester City stadium and paid for parking beforehand to ensure we got a place for parking and drove, again... in search of food-can you tell that us blokes are not small?

Pizza hut lunchtime Buffet ftw!!

We arrived at the gig at 2pm in time for the 4pm opening gate.

When the gates opened we were around 5-7metres from the stage we were insanely close, but my mate kept trying to nudge forward. Strangely he had an urge to lick this mans cleanly shaven head-luckily for his sake I stopped him-this boy has weird urges.

The band opening up was the Futureheads, they were alright but the second guitarist was trying to get us to jump around to it and half the crowd didn't know a word

Then just before the Manic Street Preachers came on, and that is where the bottle fight started. Luckily for me I had 3 bottles on me and 3 cartons... and a box of jaffa cakes. Bottles of Urine filled the air, half plastic glasses of pints of beer went flying and half the time it was refreshing whenever a bottle hit someone next to us they immediately handed the bottle to us and the bottle was thrown full pelt into the crowd behind

The funniest moment being the flying Pizza, both me and a mate looked at each other and said:

"What the f*ck was that?"

When it went flying back, all in one piece in the other direction

Being so close to the front meant being tossed around side to side and squashed (I now have a bad back and a sore neck from headbanging). You've gotta love some people in the crowd-I felt a bloke with very thin arms trying to push me but I stood my ground and pushed back. He then kicked me straight in the back of the leg whilst he screamed "Move you c*nt"... I turned around and said:

"Look mate if you want to get closer go round, there is no way you're going through me"

to which his girlfriend laughed at him and he disappeard from view (Became focussed on the concert again)

There must have been 20 songs in the line up and the concert was definetly worth the £50 spent... and whatever else more on food and sleep/petrol

After the concert and the Encore it was back to the car, my mate had an exam the next day. But there was no way I could get him home on time, so he had bought train tickets. In the car we didn't move anywhere in ten minutes so I told my mate to get his fat arse out and find a taxi... running off me and my licking friend offered sweets to other cars stuck in the car park whilst playing fatboy slim 'it's a wonderful Night'

My mate returned at half past telling me there were no taxi's and he rang several numbers and they all were booked out so he glummly sat in the car and I told him I'd do my best.

The next 2 hours involved driving around Manchester in a lost state/state of confusion trying to find a way to get my mate on the next train.. yet we failed. at 3am we all went back to Tesco for some dinner and picked some reduced sarnies and chatted about the gig.

Returning to the campsite and I was chatting to my best mates when WHAM all of a sudden there was no reply, the two bums had fallen asleep and were snoring the tent out! I must have been talking to myself for 5minutes.

I've now returned home exhausted with an angry missus waiting for collection tomorrow from leicester and my driving week is now clearly far from done
A great day tbh and worth every second, such a great start to the summer for me, let June role on
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gridlocked at manchester.jpg (18.3 KB, 55 views)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5148 Comments 3
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    sounds like an eventful few days then!
  2. Old Comment
    Sounds like a decent gig... Futureheads are ace.
    Any other gigs planned?
  3. Old Comment
    I wish David, no money at the moment. Hoping to encourage a few mates to see Pendulum in December, and if tickets become available for Linkin park or Offspring we'll be there