Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

Life in the US of A.

Submit "Life in the US of A." to Google Submit "Life in the US of A." to Facebook Submit "Life in the US of A." to StumbleUpon Submit "Life in the US of A." to Digg Submit "Life in the US of A." to Twitter
Posted 15th November 2008 at 00:28 by Simo

It's been a week since I got back from my trip to America... I'm pleased to report that I survived

Things are definately different over in the US. I guess things were also a little more different from usual, as I happened to be there during election week. Although Obama seemed to win the election with ease, many of the people I spoke to out there weren't too sure on him. I guess only time will tell

The main thing that I rememebr from my trip is the food! There's masses and masses of it! Everything seems to be available in one size bigger than normal... or one option extra! Like chilli sauce... you can got regular chilli sauce and hot chilli sauce... but thats not good enough. The yanks need to go one step further... super-hot chilli sauce branded '911 chilli sauce'. lmao.

I normally always clear my plate, but I can honestly say I never ONCE cleared my plate during my week in the US. I was shocked

Most hings are definately cheaper over there too... Subways for example. Ask for a foot-long sub in the UK and it costs a fortune! In the US a foot-long sub costs 5 dollars! Thats about 3 quid!

I only managed to check out one shopping mall, and it was on the brink of closing, so didnt see any decent shops really. On the way home though, I popped into Walmart (ASDA)... the size of this store was truly unbelievable. It completely blew away any Tesco MegaStore that I've been into! The range of stuff on sale was ridiculous... think of anything and they sold it!

The most bizarre thing I guess (to me) was guns and ammunition!? THats right, you can go and load up with rifles and ammo whilst doing your weekly food shop... but bare in mind the gun/ammo kiosk closes at 10pm... so be quick!

I did a little walking around the city of Louisville... there were some pretty dodgy places and everywhere I went people were asking for change or offering to give guided tours of the city in exchange for cash. "Far out Dude"... as one local 'dude' said to me when I said Im from England. "What - Europe ya mean?". Errr..... yeah, lol.

Some pretty impressive buildings out there. I got a good sunset city-scape shot before an evening meal in a traditional American sports diner bar... I made the mistake of asking for a large bear (thinking I was still in Holland) and ended up with a quart of beer. I needed two hands to pick it up!

That's all for now I guess. These pics are from my phone, so not the best of quality, but they still came out OK.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USA1.jpg (31.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg USA2.jpg (39.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg USA3.jpg (51.7 KB, 13 views)
Posted in Simo' Says...
Views 4212 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    sounds good dude!

where are the photos of the food protion and 911 chilli sauce!!!!!
  2. Old Comment
    Sounds like you had a good time, Do they still have Sizzlers out there? All you can eat breakfast

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks