Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Luke

Rate this Entry

My Citroén Saxo Westcoast...

Submit "My Citroén Saxo Westcoast..." to Google Submit "My Citroén Saxo Westcoast..." to Facebook Submit "My Citroén Saxo Westcoast..." to StumbleUpon Submit "My Citroén Saxo Westcoast..." to Digg Submit "My Citroén Saxo Westcoast..." to Twitter
Posted 25th August 2008 at 09:29 by Luke
Updated 12th December 2008 at 12:30 by Luke

Following on my first car, the Nissan Micra I decided the time I had come for me to change my car. I had been driving the Micra for just over 3 months, been to York in it a few times, done nearly 3,000 miles and it never missed a beat.

I had always liked Saxos, but I didn't want to take a big jump to VTR straight away, so I spotted a nice 1.4 in Persian Red about 10 miles away from home.

In the window, it was advertised for £1,495 with 12 months MOT and 2 months TAX. It was a 1999 S reg model, so I was expecting mileage to be 80k or something, but to my amazement it was 55014 miles on the clock.

The guy took me for a test drive in it, was rather nice and quite quick I thought for a 1.4. I went back to his house, had a good look around it and offered him £1,450 of which he accepted. Monday night came, I went to pick the car and took her home.

In my time with the car I had just a little over 10,000 miles and pretty much reliable too - I just had to replace the centre pipe and backbox due to age - I also had 4 new tyres fitted on it to improve gril etc instead of the old shit Marshall budgets. In December 2005 I decided to look for a Saxo site to join - I really couldn't make my mind up between SSC and Saxperience, but something about the whole layout made me choose here. It was after I joined I started to like 'modified' scene. I ended up buying a full VTS interior from a MK1, Sub/Amp, Headunit, Smoked Rear Lights, strut brace, induction kit and smoked my fogs.

I also started to attend loads of meets - the car went to Doncaster, Warrington, Scotch Corner (twice), FCS, Nuneaton, Scotland and York. It was a good first car but it did have a few problems so I decided to get rid for a MK2 VTR to which will come later.....
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4213 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    OMG that was sooo long ago, I remember that car very well indeed! The old days - the old Yorkshire weekenders! Would love to do that again!
    Posted 25th August 2008 at 19:39 by MikeCracknell MikeCracknell is offline
  2. Old Comment
    I think we should get another Yorkshire Weekend organised personally, awesome weekend.