Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > NismoSteve

Rate this Entry

5th Feb; engine news

Submit "5th Feb; engine news" to Google Submit "5th Feb; engine news" to Facebook Submit "5th Feb; engine news" to StumbleUpon Submit "5th Feb; engine news" to Digg Submit "5th Feb; engine news" to Twitter
Posted 5th February 2012 at 14:32 by NismoSteve

Well, the poor engine in my VTS has had a hard life, its done 110k miles and I would imagine not many of those would have been sympathetic miles

It uses oil, and just recently ive noticed it smoking more.
But.......in a few weeks time I shall be picking up a reconditioned engine
Its not yet been run and the head is off. Its had all ne bearings and rings and the head has been cleaned and had new valve stem seals.

I've just got to put the head on and get a few bits to finish it off. I could wait until I've got all the bits for boost, but I don't think my current engine will last till then.
And fitting it now will mean it will be nicely run in for when it does get boosted

Today I also fitted the tailgate I got from stew (sexy_gt). It needed a real good clean to get the green stuff off it had growing round the screen seals, this boot had been de wipered by it previou owner so I've kept it tha way, or though I do prefer to have one so I can see behind me.

The colour is a very good match so I'm pleased with that, although someone has painted the badges black very poorly, might de badge it yet.

Well that's another bit of bodywork sorted for now.
I also picked up a front bumper from stew, its been de fogged and has mesh in place. I'm think of just using it so I can get my bumper minted up and semi widemouthed.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1916 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments