Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

All-Change...

Submit "All-Change..." to Google Submit "All-Change..." to Facebook Submit "All-Change..." to StumbleUpon Submit "All-Change..." to Digg Submit "All-Change..." to Twitter
Posted 12th May 2009 at 01:25 by Simo

September 2001... Everything changes.

Since January, a huge amount of work has been done to my car and almost every area of my modifications has been re-worked...

All previously planned modifications were completed and then things just went mental! The first addition was a pair of Cobra Monaco race seats. These are rigid frames and can be quite harsh, but around the track they do the business!

Straight away the engine got a little more attention. Low compression pistons were fitted at SST and the boost was increased to approx 10psi. The difference between the torque of the engine at 6psi and 10psi was incredible!

With the engine side of things sorted for now, I decided to develop the car along the rally/race theme. The first obvious mod was to ditch the rear seats!

To stop the interior looking lost with no rear seats, a host of ICE goodies were installed in a custom build. I know this is mixing styles somewhat, but I might as well give it a go!? A polished alloy fire extinguisher and a "plumbed-in" fire extinguisher system were then fitted in the rear to finish things off.

At this point, the car had taken on a new personality and it was time to progress things further... A new bonnet was given the "Cool Louvre" treatment by Bren, which was then colour coded by my mate Rob! (Cheers guys...)

Next on the cards was a new set of alloys. I had decided to be sensible and stick to 16" wheels, as I intended to do a fair bit of track racing later in the year. After ringing around loads of the major wheel distributers, I was told that the alloys I wanted were not available "yet" in 16" size. Gutted!

Well, at times like this its normally best to get the catalogues out again and pick another wheel design... but I'd already convinced myself that I "needed" a set of OZ Crono-Evo's...so now what?

Two days later I was at Powerzone to collect my new 17" Oz alloys! Sorted... I've always been a buggar for changing my mind I did all of the arch mods needed to fit the hefty wheels under the arches myself, and I was amazed that there was no scrubbage! A job well done.

I now started to think about how to improve the engine performance further, the easiest option would be to increase the boost, but before I was prepared to do that I needed to be really sure of how the engine was behaving.

To get a good level of confidence and tune-ability I fitted a large intercooler, an SPA digital boost pressure/boost temperature gauge and an APEXi AVC-R unit. The APEXi unit really is an excellent piece of kit and can be used to monitor a host of sensor readouts and importantly... electronically control the turbo boost pressure.

Views 2787 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks