Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Mk1 16v TB'd Westcoast

My one and only saxo so far - have replaced pretty much everything on it at one point during ownership!! Still feels tight to drive and is always enjoyable !
Rate this Entry

A drunken purchase.............

Submit "A drunken purchase............." to Google Submit "A drunken purchase............." to Facebook Submit "A drunken purchase............." to StumbleUpon Submit "A drunken purchase............." to Digg Submit "A drunken purchase............." to Twitter
Posted 1st February 2010 at 14:56 by raunchz
Updated 17th February 2010 at 12:30 by raunchz

After surfing ebay, and getting the urge for a bit more power I began to look at other cars or doing some sort of engine conversion on the Westcoast.

I'd spotted a 16v engine still in the car, on ebay. This was perfect for me as I could remove everything myself and make sure it all worked fine etc. but I didn't really have the balls to bid as wasn't 100% about actually doing the conversion or insurance etc.

Having come in drunk one night, one bid and I'd won the 16v engine

One Saturday me and S8TTG went to London to remove it, 3hours later we had it strapped into the boot of the Westie and were making our way home with it

I got the engine on a stand, and set about replacing the following:
- cambelt
- idler pulley
- tensioner pulley
- crankshaft oil seals
- thermostat
- breather and dipstick oil seals
- alternator belt
- oil filter

It was now time to put the 16v engine in......

And it was complete !!!!!

I'd fitted some Peugeot Sport Group 'A' mounts when the engine went in - the noise of them was nuts but the engine felt solid and didn't move a bit.

And thought it'd be a great time to put a Piper 4-1 manifold on - decided to wrap it to try and keep the temps down in the engine bay

And to finish, the mileage on the car when the conversion took place:
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5001 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    hi mate thinking about doing the vts conversion can i use my vtr wiring loom and gearbox also i heard that i should use a vts fuel pump and return is that right any help would be great thanks.