Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Here's the progress blog for our Citroen Saxo VTR. It's owned by my girlfriend Nic, so all mods etc are okayed by her and fitted (and mostly payed for) by me. feel free to leave any comments or ask any questions. Hopefully it'll be informative and interesting.

Cheers, Alan.
Rate this Entry

Small update.

Submit "Small update." to Google Submit "Small update." to Facebook Submit "Small update." to StumbleUpon Submit "Small update." to Digg Submit "Small update." to Twitter
Posted 15th May 2010 at 19:28 by Alanapone

Well, so far, I've managed to get the beam off and the two that i had have been sent away to I.M. Axles. the brakes have been removed and the new ones ground down, test fitted and removed again ready for the old callipers and hoses to be removed (hopefully my mates coming over in the morning to help bleed the system) the windscreen washer jets have been fitted and the wishbones are on.

The wishbones need to be tightened up once the cars back on the ground to make sure they are sat right.

The washer jets were simple to fit, the hoses just pull off and they snap out of the holes in the bonnet, the new ones simply push in and the hoses go back on. I haven't tried them yet but i think they'll make a lot of difference. It's only because i drive different cars that i even noticed the difference between the standard jets and the new mist types. Mist jets FTW!!! and there a super subtle mod that as yet i haven't seen anyone else do (awaits hordes of PM's giving details of others that are fitted!!)

Whilst removing the old brakes I've come across a few problems, main one so far is how to get the old hoses separated from the copper piping! the joints look rusted beyond belief! I just hope the WD40 gets to work overnight and they come free tomorrow. The whole setup has been test fitted and I'm more than happy with them. All i need to do tomorrow is bleed the fluid from the system, remove the front callipers and hoses, remove the rear hoses, replace all hoses with the new braided hoses, refit the new callipers,discs and pads. then refill the fluid and bleed any air out! simples! I hope!! the brakes are the biggest job i want to get done on the car before fcs and i just hope it doesn't get too dragged out and i end up having to replace copper piping!

The rear bumper has gone off to a mate that i shoot with for a respray also as it had some serious problems due to me trying to strip the spray paint off the bump strip and inadvertently stripping some of the blue as well! Mark has done a few little bits for me before and does motorbike spray jobs for a living so the work should be excellent as always. Once that's back and fitted the car should look good from the back again, if he has time before fcs i might see if i can get him to do the front bumper too. it's got some bad scratches on it from where i scuffed a wall if not, i can live with it as it is.

Lastly the rear beam has been sent off to I.M.Axles fr the refurb. I have seen one of the guys has his back already, the pictures of it looks like new, absolutely mint condition! i really can't wait to get ours back and get it fitted.

I just can't wait to get it all finished and put back together... i miss whizzing around in it

Oh well, it's all for the best

Hopefully a nice successful update tomorrow, either that or one cursing French connectors and brake manufacture! lol.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2365 Comments 0
« The big push!     Main     Brakes on! »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks