Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > NismoSteve

Rate this Entry

27th March, stuff arrives.

Submit "27th March, stuff arrives." to Google Submit "27th March, stuff arrives." to Facebook Submit "27th March, stuff arrives." to StumbleUpon Submit "27th March, stuff arrives." to Digg Submit "27th March, stuff arrives." to Twitter
Posted 28th March 2012 at 09:36 by NismoSteve

Last week, a new clutch turned up along with a new clutch cable

And today I received some parts for the front suspension.
X2 refurbished wisbones sporting powerflex front bushes, new ball joints and new rear bushes.
Floflex anti roll bar bushes, another VT front roll bar, a pair of new drop links and a pair of new track rod ends. Along with new strut top bearings that should improve things at the front.

I have now decided to stuff the comforts and strip the car and go crazy with the power to weight ratio.
With me sat in the car its a porky 1040kg. I'm aiming to get the car down to its supposed weight of 935kg with me in it.
Not sure how difficult it will be to shed just over 100kg but I'll have a go.

This is a budget build so expensive carbon is out of the question. The mission is to pick the parts I need then hunt them down either on saxp or eBay. as long as the parts I pick up are of good quality and have plenty of life left in them I'm happy.

Had a quick work out that if I'd bought everything from commercial outlets I'd have spent getting on for £3.5k as it stands I've forked out just under a grand.

I'm expecting some group N engine mounts to come next week and I'll be getting the engine mounted on the stand shortly after to get that built up once I've finished cleaning and painting everything.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1812 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments