Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

Track Preparation...

Submit "Track Preparation..." to Google Submit "Track Preparation..." to Facebook Submit "Track Preparation..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Track Preparation..." to Digg Submit "Track Preparation..." to Twitter
Posted 16th May 2009 at 17:32 by Simo

April 2003... Track preparation.

A thrash had been arranged between the Pug 106 boys and the Saxo lads... the showdown would happen at Bruntingthorpe. Ten cars from each side would do battle. It would be the first opportunity of the year to get some timed trials done and probably give people some motivation to take their cars that one step further in the future.

Some quick decisions had to be made. Turn up in standard road going trim or go on a strict race diet!

After a little persuasion from Danny, the race diet was formulated. It would include a serious weight reduction, new group A engine mounts, new front tyres and the air filter would be re-located to help draw in cooler air. When the work began there was a tight timetable. I had to be up in Glasgow the week before the Bruntingthorpe event, so everything had to be prepared and fitted within a 2 day slot! Why do I always end up working to ridiculous deadlines??

The Grp A engine mounts arrived from GMC, the Pug Sport components had to be pressed together, which was more wok than I was expecting. Nightmare! A quick trip into work to chat to my mate John solved the problem. The new mounts were pressed into the mount holders and the fitting could continue.

Whilst I was at work, I had a quick chat to Jimmy... always ready for a challenge he agreed to fabricate my air filter relocation piping. It was ready within the hour. Top effort!

With the mounts and air filter sorted and new tyres at the front, it was time for the weight loss... All of the ICE was removed from the rear, along with a few other bits as you can see from the pics!

With the car now ready to take on the Pug's I dashed upto Glasgow for the week. I couldn't wait to get back for the Brunter's day! But..... it wasn't to be. Two days before the day was due to go ahead I got a call saying it had been cancelled, as some of the Pug engine's weren't ready. Gutted!

Views 6685 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    These are awesome photos mate. The Grp A engine mount is just what I need as well. Thank you for sharing.
    Posted 28th April 2011 at 00:55 by brandonmillsap brandonmillsap is offline

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks