Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Luke

Rate this Entry

My first car....

Submit "My first car...." to Google Submit "My first car...." to Facebook Submit "My first car...." to StumbleUpon Submit "My first car...." to Digg Submit "My first car...." to Twitter
Posted 24th August 2008 at 18:10 by Luke
Updated 12th December 2008 at 12:30 by Luke

Well, back in July 2005 I had my test booked for 3rd August, but was still looking at cars that I want for when I passed.

I had roughly £1,500 in the bank for a car, but I was really unsure what to get - MK3 Fiesta, Corsa B, 106 1.1 or a Saxo 1.1. As it happens, my Mums cousin was selling his father in laws old Nissan Micra and asked if I was interested. When I was asked, I instantly said NO as it would be an embarrasment but I was forced to go see and I'm glad I did to be honest.

It was a 1992 K reg Nissan Micra 1.0L Phoenix 5 Door in White complete with rust lol! The father in law who owned it before me bought it new back in 1992 and it had everything with it - MOTs, reciepts etc and even the original radio. The car had 95,014 miles on the clock so was about average at the time.

I took it for a drive and I quite liked it - 3 months MOT, No tax but drove spot on and rang fine. Few days later, it was on my drive and I didn't use ANY of my savings as it cost me.....£200.

I think I was a bit of chav when it came to getting this as I wasted a LOT of money on pointless rubbish for it - I bought some GRacing mats from Tesco, Seat Covers, Fast & Furious Tax disc holder, new headunit and installed my 6x9s in the parcel shelf. I then taxed it for 12 months (£110) and put it through it's MOT 3 months later (£70). In November 2005, I decided I wanted rid so started to look for another car and came across my Saxo Westcoast. I advertised the Micra on eBay for £250 reserve, it ending up selling for £270 so I can't really complain - it had nearly 98k on the clock, served me well for my first car that I didn't even bump or scrape anywhere and it sold pretty easy.

Unfortunately, the car has now been scrapped due to rust on the sills. RIP.

Pictures of it....
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6962 Comments 6
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    that is sweeet luke

they could take some hammer the old micras lol
  2. Old Comment
    How awesome!

Dennis' first car was a micra, and he simply couldn't blow it up lol!
    Posted 24th August 2008 at 21:51 by MikeCracknell MikeCracknell is offline
  3. Old Comment
    They are VERY hard to blow them up.

The amount of times I ragged it, revved the arse off of it and everything, but she started everytime and never missed a beat.
  4. Old Comment
    Micra's are a strange machine.. the girlfriends mum has a 14 year old micra and all it does is sit still until there is a problem with the ford galaxy (which tbh happens quite alot nowadays) and it always starts despite age, rust, and being neglected.
  5. Old Comment
    Lol, exactly.

Can't knock them, ace little cars.

Shame about the 4 speed box.
  6. Old Comment
    mymate had a micra n when he bought it they told him it had been driven from ireland to china and back lol