Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs

Old

so farr..

Posted 11th September 2009 at 09:33 by _ELECTABUZZ_

actually quite happy with everything thats happened so far after crashing th R. its been an arse but its slowly starting to come together which im happy about.

after fixing the bonnent, bumper, wings and the works its taken its shape again and i can see it being the car i wanted it to be.

in the next few weeks im hoping to get all of the patent parts resprayed back to its original colour, which is Mblue,after having the bumper fogs smoothed out professionally, personally one of the best colours you can get on a saxo, followed closely by white and wicked...
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Kind of success...

Posted 9th August 2009 at 01:02 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

I have sourced some 266mm calipers AND a Rear beam!!!

I will be picking them up tomorrow, the beam has been lowered 50mm which is exactly what i wanted, i'll change the shocks for the Apex units i have and i'll get some poly bushes for it to try and stiffen it up a bit. I had a look into upgrading the torrsion bars and anti-roll bars but it's too much money for me.

So hopefully soon, i'll have the beam sorted and swapped and some tasty big brakes under these dinky wheels.

Hopefully this will be a good end to a shit weekend.
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Weekend of doom!

Posted 8th August 2009 at 14:42 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Well so far this weekend, The cat has died, the rear beam has been deemed fooked and the windscreen wipers wouldn't work!

What a 24 hours it's been.

I've managed to fix the wipers, I had replaced the ariel base as it was siezed up, when i'd tightened it all up, i'd trapped one of the wires for the map light which is on the same fuse as the wipers. i spotted it and taped it up and it all works again now.

I was booked in this morning at Demon Tweeks to have the rear end lowered... it's been standard hieght for ages now and i was really looking forward...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

slow progress

Posted 4th August 2009 at 21:45 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Well, i've got all the new interior bits cleaned, the remaining interior is cleaned and hoovered... I found £1.10 down the seats, i was expecting more but hey

theres a pic of the stripped look... i quiet like it, might try and keep it for a bit. I'll be finding out on thursday whether i'll be having the car lowered on friday or saturday. I can't wait. it'll be level again! I'm going to stick the straight through center back on and just have one seat in it for the run to Demon Tweeks, theres a few good roads to blast down lol.

I've also picked up a new parcel shelf,...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02082009903.jpg (69.5 KB, 24 views)
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

New interior and lowering finally going to be done :)

Posted 31st July 2009 at 16:38 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Right. since my last post, i've had to put the standard center section back on the car as the race tube is too loud for everyday pootling, it just isn't comfortable on the motorways as you can't drive at motorway speeds i.e. 65 to 90 mph or it rattles my tiny brain to pieces! and with the balancing on the wheels being shot i can't take it above 80 with out the whole car turning into a giant vibrating mess.

I've just been over to Altringham to get said wheels balanced only to be told that "the machine take 30mins to set up and i'm fully booked today mate."
My own...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Arrival..

Posted 10th July 2009 at 09:01 by _ELECTABUZZ_

well i went to boston yesterday to go to vrs. after sending the wrong part the first time (1.1 bumper..) i thought id best go check before i took anything home with me. this time they actually got it right haha

getting it into my dads car was an arse tbh.. yeah its an audi but still.. getting a bumper in it was a right pain, laid across me and taking up into the back aswell lol.

got everything home.. i un-did the bumper and had a look. yeah its right this time haha, so i got the bonnet off and laid them both on the grass next to the R, first thing was first,...
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

WEll.....

Posted 6th July 2009 at 12:23 by _ELECTABUZZ_
Updated 6th July 2009 at 15:35 by _ELECTABUZZ_

I had a total shite day at work friday.
it was far too hot and the day just massively dragged, purely because i knew when i got home my new parts for the car would be there i was well exited.. and i guess it just pissed me off through the day, having to sit here and do fucking nothing as there was blatently nothing for me to do..

about half four, my boss left dad arrived, he wanted to go home so got an hour early off haha bonus.

i got home and there they were just as i had visualised.. all wrapped up rready to be put on. i opened up the bumper...
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Well it arrived..

Posted 3rd July 2009 at 14:14 by _ELECTABUZZ_

I ordered some new bits fot the car yesterday and they're already at home waiting to be fixed in. vrs in boston is the place to go for quick easy services haha. so thanks to them for that.

i ordered a new slam panel, bonnet and front bumper.

just eager to see if the bumpers going to fit onto the front of the car after the welding so im quite exited about that. if there is a problem dan (my welder) said he'd take it back in and make it all fit so thats a bonus really.

if all goes to plan im going to remove all wiring etc for the fogs,...
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Random stuff..

Posted 1st July 2009 at 10:58 by _ELECTABUZZ_

so far my year has had the following problems..

* firstly my mates all left for the army, should have gone but couldn't as i had a loving girlfrined who i thought was the one.

* secondly that so called loving girlfriend left me, the whore. and went for my best mate.

* thridly i crashed my car. the only good thing left in my fucking life. gutted.

* forthly i was supposed to get a payrise.. but didn't.

okay so rant over. its not been such a bad year to be honest apart from all the problems in that...
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A lot has been happening...

Posted 23rd June 2009 at 21:52 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Where to start....

I haven't posted anything since FCS so there'll be a lot in this latest episode of my blog.

FCS:
We decided to get a room in the sax-p hotel so we could meet a few people off here and hopefully make some new freinds along the way. We set off from ours at about 12 to meet the convoy at wooley edge services for about 1330. We arrived a bit early and sat around until a very nice Euro'd baby blue saxo turned up, the guy inside informed us that the rest of the convoy were about an hour away so we sat and had a good old chin wag and found out that...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized