Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs

Old

Mission Complete!

Posted 26th January 2010 at 00:38 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

May 2004... Mission Complete.

A huge amount of work had been completed in such a short amount of time.. especially considering most of the bodywork had been done in our spare time, after work! Special thanks again to DannySp8 and Salvo!

The arches look pretty cool and really stand out. I like the angular look! There are still a few things to finish off, mesh to be added, paintwork to be tidied up in places, but that can wait for a short while - I've earned a rest!

I'm not sure if the full face intercooler look is quite right, but it certainly stands...
Administrator
Old

Re-spray at Sabre Auto Styling (Phase 3)

Posted 26th January 2010 at 00:33 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

May 2004... Sabre Auto Styling (Phase 3)

With next to no time left before the French Car Show, a huge amount of effort was needed to finish preparing the bodywork and fully re-spraying the car! To help out as much as I could, I took some time off work and worked at Sabre's bodyshop, for 3 days solid... working between 12 and 16 hour days!

After preparing all of the body panels with fine filler, the primer was applied. Salvo stayed up until 3am two days before the show to complete this! Thanks very much!

The morning after, I began to flat all of the...
Administrator
Old

Body Work Prep (Phase 2)

Posted 26th January 2010 at 00:22 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

May 2004... Bodywork Prep' (Phase 2)

With the arches now firmly in place it was time for myself and Danny to get stuck in... Danny really is good when it comes to body work, so he did all of the fiddly bits, but I managed to get stuck in too! Out came the fibreglass, metal filler and umpteen other bits we needed. We worked on the car every evening until it was too dark to continue!

Whilst Danny was busy smoothing the new arches into the original bodywork, I started to fit the new front and rear bumpers... not as easy as it may sound! The bumpers had to be extended...
Administrator
Old

New Project (Phase 1)

Posted 26th January 2010 at 00:13 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

May 2004... The Project starts! (Phase 1)

I'd managed to lose a wheel arch extension last month, so it was a good opportunity to start the work I had been thinking about doing for many months! The project included fitting steel wheel arches in place of the standard plastic trim, removing the rear spoiler to give a smoother look, removing all door trim panels and filling the holes exposed and fitting new front and rear bumpers... so it was only a small project

The arches I had decided to use were from a VW Golf... Myself and DannySp8 were going to do all of the...
Administrator
Old

Petrol Pipe Issues...

Posted 26th January 2010 at 00:02 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

April 2004... Petrol problems.

Things were going to good to be true! Whilst driving home from work one evening I got a whiff of unburnt petrol coming from the engine bay. It wasn't anything major so I carried on driving until I got home. When I arrived at home I popped the bonnet to see what the problem could be.

With the engine still running, I could see a tiny jet of petrol escaping from one of my steel braided petrol hoses... a simple thing to replace! I took the hose off and had a new one fabricated the following day, re-fitted it and... the petrol pipe next to...
Administrator
Old

Decisions, Decisions...

Posted 25th January 2010 at 23:49 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

February 2004... Winter's passed.

I decided to take things easy with the car over winter, after all; who likes working on their car when its wet and cold outside? The car really loves the cold weather though and the torque produced on a cold winters morning is truly amazing! Turbo cars really do like cold (dense) air! *mental note* Where can I squeeze in a few extra inter-coolers?

The engine is working perfectly now and has been totally reliable for a good two years now - basically since it was re-mapped at GMC Motorsport. Thanks very much for your hard work and...
Administrator
Old

Back from Bruntingthorpe...

Posted 25th January 2010 at 23:38 by Simo (Simo' Says...)
Tags 0-60, 1/4 mile

November 2003... It's been a while.

It's been a while since the last update on my car and unfortunately not much has changed with it recently. I spent all of August and September working in Holland, which stopped all developments with the car.

Before I went to Holland there were a few things happening...

The Saxo's really kicked arse against the Pug 106's at Bruntingthorpe. My car was there to join in the fun too! Read the event report for full details and also see some video footage from the day in the videos section!

On the day I ran...
Administrator
Old

Improving Saxo Security... Deadbolts.

Posted 25th January 2010 at 23:26 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

May 2003... Secure your Saxo.

The Peugeot 106 v's Saxo thrash has been postponed until the 23rd May... bring it on! My car is still stripped out, ready for the day at Bruntingthorpe. The new engine mounts are so stiff that the whole car vibrates on idle. It's so loud too. Not sure whether this is a good thing at the moment!

I was recently contacted by a local security firm, interested in improving security for us Saxo owners. It's gotta be worth a look I thought! Nick is his name... and what a nice chap he is! After chatting to Nick (from Car-Stuff) for a little...
Administrator
Old

Weekend riding

Posted 25th January 2010 at 00:33 by Sparco_Tom

I am fooooked Had a brilliant weekend riding.
Met a few new people whilst out on the bike. Cant wait till next weekend when i can throw myself down a wet rocky hill again
Saxperience Addict
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Its here its here it here :)

Posted 20th January 2010 at 17:34 by Sparco_Tom

Some of you may no i am loosing interest in my cars and have gone back to riding my bikes.

Soo today i took delivery of all my new biking gear, including my Norco Atomik dh bike

So pleased to finally have something else to do, and a way of getting fit. Should be good and hopefully i can loose my festive belly.
Saxperience Addict
Posted in Uncategorized