Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment

Here's the progress blog for our Citroen Saxo VTR. It's owned by my girlfriend Nic, so all mods etc are okayed by her and fitted (and mostly payed for) by me. feel free to leave any comments or ask any questions. Hopefully it'll be informative and interesting.

Cheers, Alan.
Rate this Entry

Long time, No update.

Submit "Long time, No update." to Google Submit "Long time, No update." to Facebook Submit "Long time, No update." to StumbleUpon Submit "Long time, No update." to Digg Submit "Long time, No update." to Twitter
Posted 19th April 2010 at 22:42 by Alanapone

Well, it's been a while since the last update and a fair bit has gone on so here we go...

I can't remember if in the last post i'd got the set of VTS wheels so i'll start there. I was getting a bit tired of the standard VTR wheels so after consulting her highness we decided she likes the look of the VTS wheels so i had a scan about and after a few weeks found a set kind of local that a lad wanted to swap for some R wheels. Ideal i thought and gave him a shout... We ended up doing a deal and i went down to swap them over plus a bit of cash his way. I didn't get to his place until after dark but we persevered. In the process i snapped a wheel nut off on the front drivers side. Now having passed my test before the Health & Safety brigade took over, i remembered that it's fine to drive with 3 bolts in so i wasn't too fussed. the wheels were swapped and i set off home a happy bunny.
Well... for a few miles anyway. The reason the lad had wanted a swap was because the tires on the wheels were 55 profile and were too tall, this meant the rubbed all the time on his car. I thought they'd be okay for a while on ours until i could afford some new tyres. the rubbing only really happened on full lock and when you hit a medium to large sized bump in the road. It got a bit boring very quickly on the drive home though and i decided to start the search for some lower profile tyres immediately.

Shortly after that, the gear knob decided to start doing pirouettes. The gaffer tape that had previously been holding it on had worn and was coming away. I tried to add some more but it kept going on me SO, i decided to see if anyone local had a full gear knob, preferably with a VTS/GTi knob on it. after not too much searching a lad on the Wirral Rorz_vts got in touch and said he had one... another trip to the Wirral and i had that little problem solved. Rorz_vts is a great lad and i'd recommend him to anyone else. He's got some kit for sale too so have a look and see if he has a for sale thread.
Whilst i was chatting with rory, i noticed he had a set of Team Dynamics wheels... i asked him to let me know if he wanted to sell them as i liked them and would use them for track wheels. He said he'd have a think and be in touch.

Shortly after that, I had really lost my rag with the rubbing tyres and had spent a day trying to find a stockist for the Nexen tyres that we had on the VTR wheels. The tyres are quite cheap but they lasted really well so i fancied another set. Anyway, Rory sent me a text saying he wanted to sell the wheels i'd seen and was i interested. money was a bit tight so another consultation with the missus led us to the conclusion that for the money i was looking at spending on just the new tyres i could add the extra to get the wheels with tyres off Rory. A deal was done and yet another trip over to the Wirral looked set.
The day of the deal, Rory was off to Saint Helens so he got in touch and we decided to meet at Lymm truck stop. Another deal done and now we have two sets of wheels that we both wanted and a decent set of tyres plus some that i need to sell... If your interested in a set of 195/55/15 tyres, let me know. There's only some light scoring where they have rubbed, the tread has loads left on them which is why i want to sell them ideally as someone must need a set for something. Seems a waste to turn decent tyres into planters for the missus.

So now we have the wheels set, i just need to swap the good tyres of the TD wheels onto the VTS wheels and sell the bigger tyres off the VTS wheels... then save up for some R888's or the like

We also have moved house since the last post. The new place is in a slightly rougher area but it's not too bad. The upside is that we now have a massive garage!!! i could fit the works estate car in plus half of the Saxo!!! I'll add some pictures to show the garage and the 2 sets of wheels, let me know what you think of them. I think the vts ones are better for everyday use and keep the car looking more standard. the Team Dynamics ones are ace but make the car look a bit more nickable? I also don't mind the white wheels as much as i thought i would do.

So that's pretty much it... I refitted some of the body kit as it had started to come loose and i still need to get around to getting the broken stud out of the front drivers wheels hub so i can use 4 bolts to hold the wheels on again.

OH, i refitted the standard backbox as well as the piper one was doing Nic's head in... SO much quieter! i might have a look and see if i can get a cheap nice looking BB and just swap the piper one back on for the weekends at shows and trackdays.

I need to get some debt clearance done and get some pennies saved so I can get on a few more trackdays. I have booked us both to go to FCS again this year and have put myself down for 2 sessions on the track. I'm really looking forward to it. Just need to get the wishbones and brakes sorted and grab a harness from somewhere. I am keeping my eye open for a cheap bucket seat too. i'd love to get one in for the track just to hold me in place better. i don't think i'd go for the fully stripped trackslag thing but i would like to get it set up a bit better for when the time comes.

Right well that really is it for this update. Let me know what you think of the wheels. Leave some comments if you wish... it makes it worth writing this all out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0201.jpg (63.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0229.jpg (62.0 KB, 33 views)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2635 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks