Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > MikeCracknell

Rate this Entry

Planning a weeks Camping Holiday in Scotland

Submit "Planning a weeks Camping Holiday in Scotland" to Google Submit "Planning a weeks Camping Holiday in Scotland" to Facebook Submit "Planning a weeks Camping Holiday in Scotland" to StumbleUpon Submit "Planning a weeks Camping Holiday in Scotland" to Digg Submit "Planning a weeks Camping Holiday in Scotland" to Twitter
Posted 12th June 2008 at 22:17 by MikeCracknell

That time of year is getting closer for a group of us that are going camping again in the Highlands of Scotland.

It is the third year we have done this, and each year we have done has been really good fun.

The first year we stayed on a campsite on Loch Ness, and that was 35 miles each way to Inverness, the nearest shops!

Last year, we stayed at Glen Nevis Campsite - a little bit closer to down here, by about 40 miles! This is the 600 miles route we face this year:

Well not all of us - Luke joins us and meets us somewhere round Manchester, and Tommy (ZSOC) joins us at Gretna.

Why Scotland? It's quiet, its very open, the air is fresh, the scenery is stunning and there is plenty of waterfalls to be climbing up, as well as Britain's biggest mountain right on the ten doorstep!

The biggest pleasure we had last year when the 4 of us went was opening the tent door every morning and looking out onto this vast, stunning glen, where the odd Golden Eagle would fly by!

Home for the week - the tent and my old VTS on the campsite

Last year, we were joined during the week by someoone who decided he wanted to come at the very last minute - Jamie Mackie - he's a typical Scottish boy anyway - lives on Irn Bru and alcohol, so he was all ok with it!

We had a great time last year, it my Alex's first time there, and he acts like a mountain goat and spiderman, scaling near vertical rock faces with no fear and no ropes!

Last years' crew

Alex driving Suki through Glen Nevis

Nathans' Sand Angel

White sands of Morar

Over the border on the way up

This year, I did the usual, and opened it up to everyone to come along, but same old happened - 20 people from here, and 23 from ZSOC put their names down, but when it came to booking it, well, we are now down to 7 people - that says it all (lack of commitment)

Myself, Alex, Luke, Matt, Tommy, Dennis and Nathan will be doing the trip this year in mid July - and I believe that there are some "3 peaks in 24 hours" people gonna join us at the end of the week!

Will be a great time as usual and last year the rain didn't stop us from having a laugh! The year before, the hot sunshine the whole week was just luck!

My poor little Zetec S is staying at home - this is my car for that week:

Only 6 weeks to go!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6438 Comments 4
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    LOL

I`m just back from darkest Ardnamurchan. The roads are great but far too many caravans and don`t forget your "skin so Soft" (it really works) or the midges will have you
  2. Old Comment
    Nice read Mike... where are the holiday shots form this year then?

You dont half cover some miles dont you!!!
  3. Old Comment
    Been up two weeks lad lol!!!

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=165486

There's a video too

www.michael-cracknell.co.uk/sco08.wmv, but that will be heavy going for the "older" people of the world
    Posted 18th August 2008 at 19:10 by MikeCracknell MikeCracknell is offline
  4. Old Comment
    CHeers mike - will check out later. I would have thought you'd have continued to update your blog. lol