Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > ShoooRn94's Blog.

ShoooRn94's saxyness
Rate this Entry

Pigeon Day

Submit "Pigeon Day" to Google Submit "Pigeon Day" to Facebook Submit "Pigeon Day" to StumbleUpon Submit "Pigeon Day" to Digg Submit "Pigeon Day" to Twitter
Posted 15th October 2008 at 17:58 by shooorn94

Seem to be having alot of threads about animals recently, viper must have a semi tbh.

In relation to: Thread

I also saw a pigeon today. Just had stepped off the bus, saw a-what looked like a fake toy pigeon laying on the pavement. As I got closer it furiously shook it's head at me, and on looking closer it's legs were twisted... and instead of throwing a pallet at it I went home and contacted the RSPCA.

They told me that I should carry it to the nearest vet (a mile and a bit away) and up to £60 expenses would be paid for... what does that actually mean? That if the bill is over that amount it gets put down? Or do you have to pay for it yourself? Has anyone dealt with this before with the RSPCA? They were helpful and I was genuinely worried about the bird... when i got back to the bus stop the bird had disapeared, I had been gone for a good 30mins and lots of dogs had walked past... including the staffies belonging to the owner I wrote about the other week.

As I was looking for the bird the pikey who had been after my old wrote off white 1.1 (there's a thread about this numpty somewhere too, and in my progress thread) was shouting at me asking me what I was up to really it went a bit like this:

"yeah? Yeah? Yeah? Yeah? Yeah...."

"i guess you're talking to me?"

"yeah!"

"I'm looking for a bird"

"yeah"

... the bloke sounds as thick as anything and tbh has pesterred me enough so I told him the RSPCA had sent me out due to cruelty to animals in this region and he soon disapeared.

Kinda gutted that the bird wasn't there, and what annoys me the most is that whenever I attempt any form of goodness etc. (i was going to take the bird to the vets wait however long for the bird to be taken to care then drive home during rush hour) I always have some prat try and do something to hinder it...

I then made matters worst by driving to a motor factor and asking for a price of a torque wrench, ebay ftw me thinks.

On another note I managed to buy PFC today and I'm saving craig's feature for the train home
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3794 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    The £60 means they will cover costs up to that value but then you have to pay anything on top of that.

TBH on taking it to the vets they would put it to sleep. By bringing it there etc you are prolonging the birds suffering so it would be better to put it out of its misery... and the money you save the RSPCA would go to a better cause.