Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > MikeCracknell
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Rate this Entry

Global Warming? A load of old S**T!!!!

Submit "Global Warming? A load of old S**T!!!!" to Google Submit "Global Warming? A load of old S**T!!!!" to Facebook Submit "Global Warming? A load of old S**T!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Global Warming? A load of old S**T!!!!" to Digg Submit "Global Warming? A load of old S**T!!!!" to Twitter
Posted 7th April 2008 at 20:36 by MikeCracknell

The government love to tell us all about Global Warming and how all our activites are warming up the earth so much. The fact is it is a load of old tosh, well its not, but they are blowing it grossly out of proportion.

There is less CO2 in the atmosphere today than there has been ever before, and the temperature of the earth, while they claim it is rising x amount every year, is still WAY below what it used to be. We are still in the tail end of an ice age.

This graph shows how much CO2 has been in the atmosphere over the last 600 million years or so:

Figures taken from Core Ice Samples found in Greenland

The average earth temperature has been 20 degrees C warmer in the past than it is today, the reason for the change in temperature, while partly, and only partly, CO2 levels in the atmosphere, is due to the "wobble" of the earth as it orbits the sun, and its tilt too.

Put simply, the earth "strays" from its orbit, getting farther from the sun (ice age) and closer to the sun (heat age) but also the tilt varies according to the alignment of the other planets. If the earth had no tilt, there would be no season, if the tilt gets more tilted, then the seasons get exagerrated, and couple with the orbital issues, ice ages can form.

So the government tells us all to worry about CO2 in the atmosphere....we are hardly having any impact at all in all honesty, the earth has been and will be without ice again, much hotter than today, and it will go through ice ages again.

Whether we are here or not.

For those who are keen on geography and geology, see this link about a really fascinating TV program.

MC
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3219 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I'll disagree homie.

I'm surrounded by academics daily who regularly attend meetings and conferences regarding the global warming debate. I did a project on BioFuels and part of the research involved was looking into the CO2 emissions not only at the tailpipe from Biofuel but also from processing, transporting etc.

The evidence is pretty conclusive. But we now have a debate regarding the validity of the information for both arguments... Countries such as the US, China and India are pushing for research that suggests that CO2 does bugger all or doesnt exist in abundance (as they're the biggest emitters) so fund research (that pays researchers and academics) that will contradict other works suggesting that co2 contributes to GW.

Then you have the European countries, among others, that have seen the benefits from claiming Co2 is a primary cause of GW and as a result can impose taxation on such emissions.

Either way... I'm not willing to gamble on the future so I'll back the 'Co2 does contribute to GW' group, and at the same time we can't ignore the fact that crude oil supply will eventually outstrip demand and then the prices will go berserk... the quicker we ween ourselves off oil derived products the better off we'll be in 20 or so years.

Ads