Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > NismoSteve
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Rate this Entry

Overview of plans.

Submit "Overview of plans." to Google Submit "Overview of plans." to Facebook Submit "Overview of plans." to StumbleUpon Submit "Overview of plans." to Digg Submit "Overview of plans." to Twitter
Posted 16th January 2012 at 11:36 by NismoSteve
Updated 9th February 2012 at 07:55 by NismoSteve (Updated.)

I wanted a 106gti initially, but this came up at the right time. The long term plan is to restore the vts to a high standard, looking stock (sleeper) with standard S alloys.

This will probably take me the next twelve months to achieve as I only really have weekends to get anything done.

The first thing I've done is put the supersprint exhaust on, as the standard centre section was a bit ropey and bodged up.
*Removed supersprint, too noisy. Repaired and refitted standard system*

*Added content*
Next job is a major service, engine oil / filter, gearbox oil, plugs, coolant (brake fluid will be replaced later with master cylinder change)
I have to reseal the cam cover properly as my emergenct bodge has started weeping, so I'm going to replace the cambelt, tensioner and idler while I'm at it.
I'll also clean the idle control valve / stepper motor and check the map sensor as I think I'm starting to have idle issues.
*replaced coolant temp sensor*

*Added content*
Also the clutch cable is need of adjustment / replacement. That may be done at service or maybe sooner.
*adjusted clutch cable*

The coilovers will be going on next but I will try to keep the height standard until I've adjusted the beam, which I want to strip and check for wear and rebuild at a later date. Maybe look into larger anti roll Bar.

*Added content*
After the coilovers are on I'll sort out the binding on the rear brakes and replace the pads for now.

Next the front brakes will be overhauled, I have some 283mm kit to go on the front, the rears will be stripped, checked (probably new H/brake cables) and then new discs as I will have already done the pads. Also need to sort the ABS fault (s) and then fit the 406sri master cylinder along with some high spec fluid, not forgetting goodridge brake flexi kit. That should see it stopping well.

Then its onto the bodywork.
Underneath needs a good wire brushing and undersealing, the front end is going to be more work.
Front footwells have the original sealant peeling and will need to be removed, floor cleaned up and redone.

Next its time to move to the outside!

Once its all done bodywork wise, it will be repainted, I want to go for a Mercedes off white paint which I quite like, and have all the black plastics glossed black. The wheels will be refurbished and possibly painted anthracite but I'm not decided yet.
*replaced o/s mirror, replaced dented tailgate*

With the bodywork sorted, I will then start to collect parts for an engine rebuild (possibly getting another engine)
While I'm doing that I'll be hunting down parts to do a turbo conversion. I want a nice solid 250bhp.
*Have fully reconditioned engine on order for beginning of March*

Interior wise I'll leave it alone, though I might look for some gti leathers as the seats are far too high for my liking.

The car will mainly be used for fast road work with the odd trackday, so I'd like to keep it comfortable with a splash of ice, but nothing over the top.

And that's about it plans wise (so far)

*air bag light sorted with replacement of passenger seat belt pre tensioner.
Battery reloacted to boot.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2001 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments