Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs

Old

VTR Fund Rising!

Posted 12th October 2009 at 14:00 by TheDanBurgess

Week by week my VTR Funds are rising. Ahh I cannot wait
Woo!
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

things that i've done so far TO DATE 22/09/09

Posted 22nd September 2009 at 13:59 by _ELECTABUZZ_
Updated 22nd September 2009 at 14:05 by _ELECTABUZZ_

Saxo Vtr w**9 **d :- Etheal. (Mauritious Blue) 00"

*Written off After Crash* . - Declared Off Road.

*13 - things so far

+ New Front End Welded On. Bottom Panel Straightened.
+ Petrol Tank Repaired.
+ New Radiator Hosing Connected - Fluid In System
+ New Slam Panel Aligned
+ Bonnet Hinges Bent Back To House New Bonnet
+ New Bonnet Put On
+ New Bumper Put On. Slight non Alignment - to be Bolted.
+ Wings Put On For Ligning up
+ Smoked Headlights Fitted
+ Indicator...
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

First ones on :D

Posted 22nd September 2009 at 13:38 by _ELECTABUZZ_

well last night i put my first of four (obviously) alloy back on with its new paint job.

after a total of 2 hours sanding down and a further 15mins faffing around taping it up, it got sprayed with 5 coats of grey primer, and left to dry for 2 days, checked and rubbed down using wet and dry, then coated twice with hurricane grey it looks immense, even better than i thought it would, its almost like a matte grey with a tint of laquer.. awsome quite happy with the way its come out overall

the bumper was sent away yesterday and im hoping they've started...
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Smoootheeee

Posted 21st September 2009 at 13:36 by _ELECTABUZZ_

okay, i got a phone call from my dad at 7:45 this morning.(Not happy as i had only just woken up) he tells me to get my front bumper off and im like why why why.. in a really mardy tone. so i did as he said and am stood in the morning cold having a fag, stood next to my overly sexy (lol) patent front bumper.

he pulls up and tells me to get it into the car whilst he goes and gets some toast.. WTF. well mardy now. he then comes out after he blatently watched me struggle getting it into the car and smiles saying, right it can be done for this...
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

just thought

Posted 17th September 2009 at 23:50 by _ELECTABUZZ_

considering getting a new exhaust system now.. ill post pics up when i get it, because a certain someone on here (ROB BAR) Will steal my ideas

i've started saving as of yesterday, and have been informed ill be getting a £2k inheritance when i turn 21, so maybe they'll be some super upgrades on the engine.. like forged internals? i don't quite know, its late and i need sleep lol
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Paint Cost.. :D

Posted 15th September 2009 at 13:08 by _ELECTABUZZ_

Just got off the phone with the man who's doing my body work.

i asked him if he could smooth out the fog light recesses so i dont have to worry about having to fork out even more money making them work etc.. and he said, "well is it primered? if not it'll require a special coat of paint to make the actual paint stick to it, as the the smoothing.. thats not a problem. the bonnet should be easy aswell, just sand it down and ill have it sprayed for you." "how much will it cos mr wilson? (ivan lol)" "for you 350 pound, sanded down smoothed and sprayed both bonnet...
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Hurricane Grey

Posted 15th September 2009 at 08:55 by _ELECTABUZZ_

Ok so after the dilemma with the wheel bolts driveshaft and everything else i've found wrong with the 'R' i finnally got to sit down with some 20grade sand paper. the joy

i've got the first one all sanded down best i could, then i taped it all up properly, and gave it a blast of primer - 4 coats in an hour so thats leaving 15mins each time to dry, i can see the imperfections already so im now waiting 'till later today to use the wet and dry. the the hurricane can go on.. im quite exited actually as i don't know anybody else with hurricane grey on their cars so..
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Another couple of problems haha :p

Posted 14th September 2009 at 12:31 by _ELECTABUZZ_

okay, i figured instead of waiting for money to come to me, after working really hard at work and saving lots at the same time, i wanted to take off my alloys (only being standard vtr ones) but still its what i have and its what im going to be working with. i don't need nothing special to make my car stand out (as im not an attention seeker, like most of the chavvy boys you see round town with a big bac box on a 1.1 corsa B and oversized rubbish looking alloys)

i did everything right.. jacked up at the correct points under the car etc got my rench with the correct sized nut etc...
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Another couple of problems haha :p

Posted 14th September 2009 at 12:31 by _ELECTABUZZ_

okay, i figured instead of waiting for money to come to me, after working really hard at work and saving lots at the same time, i wanted to take off my alloys (only being standard vtr ones) but still its what i have and its what im going to be working with. i don't need nothing special to make my car stand out (as im not an attention seeker, like most of the chavvy boys you see round town with a big bac box on a 1.1 corsa B and oversized rubbish looking alloys)

i did everything right.. jacked up at the correct points under the car etc got my rench with the correct sized nut etc...
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A fair bit of progress

Posted 13th September 2009 at 15:35 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)
Updated 13th September 2009 at 15:37 by Alanapone

Well, since the last post I managed to source some polyrace rear beam bushes, a new front grille, a BMC intake, some 205 GTi wheels and some uprated wisbone bolts. Next up is to source some track rod ends, polyrace front wishbone bushes, some shepnar or polyrace rear wishbone bushes and some new ball joints, then i can get the wishbones refurbed.

I managed to get a set of polyrace bushes from KamRacing, came deaad quick so i set about getting the old ones out. I think it would have been a lot easier to burn them out but as i don't have a blowtourch it was the old hammer and screwdriver...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12092009946.jpg (79.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 05092009934.jpg (78.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 08092009935.jpg (54.7 KB, 19 views)
North West
Posted in Uncategorized