Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

Car Dilema...

Submit "Car Dilema..." to Google Submit "Car Dilema..." to Facebook Submit "Car Dilema..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Car Dilema..." to Digg Submit "Car Dilema..." to Twitter
Posted 26th March 2008 at 11:49 by Simo

My first morning back in wet, windy, cloudy, dull, cold England. I am glad to be back really

This morning's dilema though is about my car(s). When I'm not on holiday (I am until next Monday) I have a really busy schedule. THis has meant that when my white VTR failed its MOT back in November, I didn't have time to fix it... and the garage wouldn't as its too low to get on the ramps!

So, since then, Ive been using the turbo VTS as a daily runner, which is fine. BUt a couple of weeks ago, the gerabox started to play up (again) and I just know at a roundabout or junction anytime soon the diff is going to go again!

So what do I do? I need to fix the VTS for the track/shows this year, so that going to happen anyway. But in the mean time, I need some wheels! The VTR needs approx. £400 spending on it to pass its MOT.

I keep telling myself that I'm gonna get a different car.. a bigger car, as long as its sporty But, when it comes down to it, I dont want the ongoing expense of a car on finance.

This morning, the idea of getting a Mk2 Saxo VTS popped into my mind and so far I've not managed to shake it off.

I really REALLY am an impulse buyer once I get an idea in my head. Do I do it... do I look for a different car? DO I go the whole hog and get an all new car? (always fancied an Evo, but I like the clio 182 also... and the Leon and loads of others too!)

Its frustrating not knowing what I should do. One solution is short term, the other is longer term. Argghhhh!! I know if I pick up the car keys and go looking for a car, I'll end up buying something!

Time for a cuppa coffee and a re-think maybe!
Posted in Simo' Says...
Views 9879 Comments 9
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. Old Comment
    why not a fabia/ octavia diesel

vts car tax will be sky high in the coming years
  2. Old Comment
    Its a toughie, all are good / nice cars.

Diesel isn't all that economical if your only doing the short journeys to and from work.
  3. Old Comment
    Diesel is increasingly more expensive than petrol too, so the efficiency needs to be quite a bit higher to make it pay.

I think I'll have a trip out when Suie gets back from shopping
  4. Old Comment
    how about a white 106 on white speedlines?
  5. Old Comment
    Hmmm, don't you start too!

Suie is DESPERATE to get a Clio Trophy
  6. Old Comment
    tomorrows blog will read i have a new clio trophy... suies not allowed to drive it!
  7. Old Comment
    tomorrows blog will read i have a new white gti whilst suie has a new clio 183 or trophy
  8. Old Comment
    lol, depends who wears the trousers in the relationship
  9. Old Comment
    1.5D. A real mans car.

Thinking something new or used? daily run around or something a tad on a naughty side? will suie be allowed to drive it?

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks