Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Simo' Says... General tit-bits of info I think may brighten up your day... or maybe just things I need to get off my chest! ;)
Old

Hot-stuff!

Posted 19th November 2008 at 23:22 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

Over the last couple of weeks/months I've visited quite a few different chemical plants throughout Europe and the US. Whilst most of what I've seen has been pretty 'normal' for me, I thought I'd share a few interesting photos of some glass furnaces, as you dont get to see this type of stuff every day

I won't give too many details away, but these furnaces produce glass by melting sand and ash together at very high temperatures! The output from the furnace is a hot, sticky, molten viscous fluid glass, which very quickly solidifies (in a matter of seconds!)

I could...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0300.jpg (42.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_ 070.jpg (41.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_ 075.jpg (46.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0542.jpg (64.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0544.jpg (34.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0546.jpg (67.9 KB, 21 views)
Administrator
Posted in Simo' Says...
Old

I touch...

Posted 17th November 2008 at 21:43 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

With all of the travelling I've been doing recently, I decided to treat myself to a new MP3 player. After looking around a little bit, I decided to get an Ipod Touch.

Suie told me of an offer at Argos, where you could get a 16Gb iTouch for £146... but it was one of those offers where you cant buy online, or pre-order and you have to buy in the store... and surprise surprise, there's never any in stock! After visiting Argos and a few other places, I realised this offer was for the older style Touch.

So... after a little pondering, I bough the new-style 32Gb version...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg touch.jpg (30.2 KB, 7 views)
Administrator
Posted in Simo' Says...
Old

Life in the US of A.

Posted 15th November 2008 at 00:28 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

It's been a week since I got back from my trip to America... I'm pleased to report that I survived

Things are definately different over in the US. I guess things were also a little more different from usual, as I happened to be there during election week. Although Obama seemed to win the election with ease, many of the people I spoke to out there weren't too sure on him. I guess only time will tell

The main thing that I rememebr from my trip is the food! There's masses and masses of it! Everything seems to be available in one size bigger than normal... or one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USA1.jpg (31.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg USA2.jpg (39.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg USA3.jpg (51.7 KB, 13 views)
Administrator
Posted in Simo' Says...
Old

Leaving on a jet plane...

Posted 2nd November 2008 at 01:35 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

Over the last few weeks I've had to do quite a bit of travelling for work - Ive already been to Holland and East Germany... I have further trips lined up for Holland, France, Norway and Sweden.

But the next trip I go on starts in 6 hours and its to America. Ive known Ive been going for a few weeks now, but haven't really thought much about it. I've just finished grabbing PSP, iPod, laptop, clothes, etc together and am sorting a few last minute sax-p things out before heading to bed.

Having just looked at my travel itenary, it looks like I'll be experiencing quite...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg us_trip1.jpg (58.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg us_trip2.jpg (69.3 KB, 23 views)
Administrator
Posted in Simo' Says...
Old

Tim-berrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Posted 23rd October 2008 at 23:41 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

I'm working in East Germany this week, close to Leipzig. I arrived at work this morning and got on with a meeting I had planned at 9am. At about quarter to 10, the meeting was put on hold and I was told there was something interesting to watch outside??

We walked across the site to an old semi-abandoned part, where an area had been barrier-taped, to restrict access. In the distance there was a team of guys cutting and torch-burning the base of a large chminey - I'd arrived at a demolition site!

The chimney in question was dis-used and was apparently costing...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0307.jpg (34.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0310.jpg (44.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0315.jpg (32.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0316.jpg (33.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0318.jpg (30.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0321.jpg (52.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0323.jpg (75.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0325.jpg (62.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0326.jpg (76.7 KB, 13 views)
Administrator
Posted in Simo' Says...
Old

Laminate...

Posted 15th October 2008 at 23:12 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

So, myself and Suie are shopping on Sunday and somehow the crazy idea of buying new flooring for the conservatory crops up!? Random... yeah, I think so! I've always been an impulse buyer though

So, after a trip to Homebase and B&Q we load up the car with a trolley full of decent quality laminate flooring. We managed to get the exact same stuff from B&Q, but it was £8 per pack cheaper than Homebase's 25% discounted stuff. result! By the time we got home and moved all of the furniture out of the way, it was about 5pm. I wanted to get it all sorted by Sunday night really,...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lam1.JPG (55.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg lam2.jpg (80.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg lam3.jpg (127.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg lam4.jpg (96.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg lam5.jpg (114.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg lam6.jpg (99.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg lam7.jpg (84.1 KB, 9 views)
Administrator
Posted in Simo' Says...
Old

Space?

Posted 30th August 2008 at 22:55 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

After 2 weeks off on holiday today was my first day back into work! Boo...

I had to go in to authorise an important job to proceed. I thought I'd do a very brief blog as it involves a topic most people probably won't think about too much : - Confined Space Entry.

We've had to take a reactor offline at the plant as about 8 months ago the steam heating coil within the tank ruptured and caused lots of problems. ITs taken a long time to get money approved to replace it and for the exotic materials to be made, etc. I'm glad its getting fixed, put it that way! ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0119.jpg (53.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0124_r.jpg (54.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0125_r.jpg (58.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0127.jpg (59.3 KB, 11 views)
Administrator
Posted in Simo' Says...
Old

Up, up and away!

Posted 15th June 2008 at 23:33 by Simo (Simo' Says...)
Updated 18th June 2008 at 00:22 by Simo (updated with photos and text.)

Suie booked a balloon ride for the two of us approx. a year ago. The experience was a gift from Suies nana, Dorothy... it was something to remember her by. RIP.

We've been trying to book the flight for 11 months now. The way this works is you have to ring the pilot up at 11pm the night before your flight. Dependant upon weather conditions, he/she tell you if the flight is going ahead and from which site you will be taking off from.

We booked a dawn flight... and eventually, tonight, we got the all clear to fly! So... at 6am in the morning, we shall be flying from...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg balloon1_x.jpg (105.8 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg balloon2_x.jpg (86.9 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg balloon3_x.jpg (59.5 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg balloon4_x.jpg (64.7 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg balloon5_x.jpg (41.6 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg balloon6_x.jpg (74.1 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg balloon7_x.jpg (70.8 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg balloon8_x.jpg (102.5 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg balloon9_x.jpg (82.7 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg balloon10_x.jpg (29.5 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg balloon11_x.jpg (70.0 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg balloon12_x.jpg (113.9 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg balloon13_x.jpg (90.6 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg balloon14_x.jpg (87.7 KB, 59 views)
Administrator
Posted in Simo' Says...
Old

The white wee beastie...

Posted 14th June 2008 at 20:06 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

26th November 2005. That was the day myself and Suie travelled upto Glasgow to pickup my White VTR from Scott. I never intended to modify the car at all, but did change some of the mod's, which Scott had made

Time has flown and now it's time to sell the VTR on to make way for more white wee beasties! With my new Megane, Suie's Pug GTi, the VTS and the VTR things are a bit cramped. Not to mention Suie's new 197 should be arriving in 2 weeks time!

So this morning, I pushed the VTR out of the car-port (blady battery is flat!) and gave it a quick wash and a hoover!...
Administrator
Posted in Simo' Says...
Old

Scott & Suzanne's Wedding.

Posted 1st June 2008 at 19:02 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

My Roadtrip to Scotland is now complete... Scott and Suzanne are now man and wife and on their way to Florida, to start their 3 week tour of America!

Myself and Suie arrived at approx 4pm on Thursday. We dumped our bags in the hotel room and joined Scott's family and close friends on the patio for drinks! The food, beer and cider kept flowing all night, with the exception of a short break to play football and frisby at the beach (Note to self... betting you can catch a moving frisby over your head is not big, nor clever... but is funny as!!)

The night before the...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wed1.jpg (83.4 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg wed2.jpg (115.6 KB, 260 views)
File Type: jpg wed3.jpg (130.7 KB, 261 views)
File Type: jpg wed4.jpg (164.3 KB, 265 views)
File Type: jpg wed5.jpg (146.9 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg wed6.jpg (127.3 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg wed7.jpg (140.3 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg wed8.jpg (110.3 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg wed9.jpg (83.0 KB, 84 views)
Administrator
Posted in Simo' Says...