Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

On Track at Silverstone!

Submit "On Track at Silverstone!" to Google Submit "On Track at Silverstone!" to Facebook Submit "On Track at Silverstone!" to StumbleUpon Submit "On Track at Silverstone!" to Digg Submit "On Track at Silverstone!" to Twitter
Posted 31st January 2010 at 22:51 by Simo

September 2006... Drive Silverstone!

The TRAX show at Silverstone was going to be the last event of the year for my VTS. A fair amount of organisation was put into the event this year and for the first time ever, Saxperience had booked a track session on the infamous Silverstone circuit!

The car had already taken quite a lot of track abuse earlier in the year and I was happy it had survived long enough to let me experience this circuit! The session was not long enough to really learn the correct lines, etc so the drive wasn't as quick as maybe it should have been. But above all else, atleast I can now say I've driven the Grand Prix Silverstone circuit!

The camber of the track is really bizarre in places. To look at the track it looks pretty flat but when you're flying around the curves the track automatically flings you out towards the edge of the track on the exit of the bends. I'm really glad I took the plunge and booked the Silverstone session, something hopefully Saxperience will get involved with again soon!

The only casualty from this track session was the mesh in my front upper grille. No big problem, the glue had simply given way under the wind pressure. That can be a job for spring!

With 2006 almost over, I reflected on a few loose ends. I bought a larger turbocharger over a year ago and have still not fitted it to the car! A few pipe mod's were needed for the air and oil, which was slowing me down. I had planned to fit standalone engine management but had never got around to making it happen.

I'd lost interest in both the front and rear bumpers, but changing them was complicated because of the custom steel wheel arches... I know that before I think about increasing the engine power further I really need to improve the strength of the transmission. The car's now chewed through half a dozen driveshafts and 3 gearboxes, in not a lot of miles!

Maybe I will find the motivation to put these things right during 2007. Only time will tell?

Views 11934 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks