Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Old

Up, up and away!

Posted 15th June 2008 at 23:33 by Simo (Simo' Says...)
Updated 18th June 2008 at 00:22 by Simo (updated with photos and text.)

Suie booked a balloon ride for the two of us approx. a year ago. The experience was a gift from Suies nana, Dorothy... it was something to remember her by. RIP.

We've been trying to book the flight for 11 months now. The way this works is you have to ring the pilot up at 11pm the night before your flight. Dependant upon weather conditions, he/she tell you if the flight is going ahead and from which site you will be taking off from.

We booked a dawn flight... and eventually, tonight, we got the all clear to fly! So... at 6am in the morning, we shall be flying from...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg balloon1_x.jpg (105.8 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg balloon2_x.jpg (86.9 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg balloon3_x.jpg (59.5 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg balloon4_x.jpg (64.7 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg balloon5_x.jpg (41.6 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg balloon6_x.jpg (74.1 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg balloon7_x.jpg (70.8 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg balloon8_x.jpg (102.5 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg balloon9_x.jpg (82.7 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg balloon10_x.jpg (29.5 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg balloon11_x.jpg (70.0 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg balloon12_x.jpg (113.9 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg balloon13_x.jpg (90.6 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg balloon14_x.jpg (87.7 KB, 59 views)
Administrator
Posted in Simo' Says...
Old

The white wee beastie...

Posted 14th June 2008 at 20:06 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

26th November 2005. That was the day myself and Suie travelled upto Glasgow to pickup my White VTR from Scott. I never intended to modify the car at all, but did change some of the mod's, which Scott had made

Time has flown and now it's time to sell the VTR on to make way for more white wee beasties! With my new Megane, Suie's Pug GTi, the VTS and the VTR things are a bit cramped. Not to mention Suie's new 197 should be arriving in 2 weeks time!

So this morning, I pushed the VTR out of the car-port (blady battery is flat!) and gave it a quick wash and a hoover!...
Administrator
Posted in Simo' Says...
Old

Scott & Suzanne's Wedding.

Posted 1st June 2008 at 19:02 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

My Roadtrip to Scotland is now complete... Scott and Suzanne are now man and wife and on their way to Florida, to start their 3 week tour of America!

Myself and Suie arrived at approx 4pm on Thursday. We dumped our bags in the hotel room and joined Scott's family and close friends on the patio for drinks! The food, beer and cider kept flowing all night, with the exception of a short break to play football and frisby at the beach (Note to self... betting you can catch a moving frisby over your head is not big, nor clever... but is funny as!!)

The night before the...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wed1.jpg (83.4 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg wed2.jpg (115.6 KB, 260 views)
File Type: jpg wed3.jpg (130.7 KB, 261 views)
File Type: jpg wed4.jpg (164.3 KB, 265 views)
File Type: jpg wed5.jpg (146.9 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg wed6.jpg (127.3 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg wed7.jpg (140.3 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg wed8.jpg (110.3 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg wed9.jpg (83.0 KB, 84 views)
Administrator
Posted in Simo' Says...
Old

Road Trip to Scotland!

Posted 28th May 2008 at 22:58 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

So far, it's been a manic week! I've been off work since last Thursday, but as usual, I've been busy rushing around doing things I never expected to be doing

Tomorrow, myself and Suie head off to Scotland for Scott (admin) & Suzanne's wedding, which is on Friday. This will be the second sax-p wedding I've been to

The first was Fred & Areke's wedding... which was crazy! Oddly, I'd never been to a Dutch wedding before so everything was 'new' and quite different to a Brit wedding.

I'm sure Scott's wedding will have a few surprises too! I've...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg suit.jpg (27.6 KB, 58 views)
Administrator
Posted in Simo' Says...
Old

Tyre puncture!

Posted 16th May 2008 at 00:57 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

On the way home from work this evening I had to pop into a garage for fuel... I was literally running in fumes

On the way out of the garage, 3 guys were admiring my car, They'd done their homework and were quoting all sorts of Megane R26 stuff from the mag's, etc.

So... I drove off from the garage feeling proud of the motor. Straight away I heard a tapping coming from the passengers side front wheel. The type of noise a stone makes when its lodged in the tyre tread.

On the way home, I tried a few moves to dis-lodge the stone, but it wasn't having...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tyre_1.jpg (94.5 KB, 84 views)
Administrator
Old

What a shed!

Posted 11th May 2008 at 11:02 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

The dreaded day came.... the once yearly event... the day when you really would prefer to be watching paint dry!! Yes, that's right... yesterday was the day I had to 'sort out the shed!'

My garden shed is only pretty small, but this is made worse by the fact I actually have two sheds. One of which I intend to knock down very shortly. So, Ive got to try and get the contents of two very messy sheds into one, whilst still being able to get in and out of it!

After ripping everything out of the garden shed that's staying, it became clear straight away that there's just...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3239_x.jpg (104.3 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3244_x.jpg (84.6 KB, 64 views)
Administrator
Posted in Simo' Says...
Old

Demolition & the folding crane!

Posted 2nd May 2008 at 00:28 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

Demolition of buildings is a funny old thing! On one hand, its good to get rid of old, useless things... but on the other hand, its sad to see thousands/millions of pounds worth of materials and thousands of man-hours of effort be destroyed and ripped out. Demolition definately creates a fresh start!

At work, a demolition crew have been ripping down a redundant chemical plant to build new buildings and storage areas. Every day the skyline changes and the rate at which these guys are ripping chunks of metal out is impressive to say the least!

Watching what I call...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dem1.jpg (87.9 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg dem2.jpg (44.1 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg dem3.jpg (33.7 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg dem4.jpg (31.9 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg dem5.jpg (38.0 KB, 49 views)
Administrator
Posted in Simo' Says...
Old

Grand Theft Auto IV

Posted 29th April 2008 at 01:31 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

Release date : 29th April

So, I'm sat at home writing someone's appraisal, which I need to deliver at work tomorrow - it's not going well!

It was 23:55 on the eve of the launch of the cult classic... GTA IV. Im trying to decide if there's gonna be a massive queue at the 24hour Tesco, or whether people won;t be going 'that' crazy over the game launch.

Enough thinking... I decided to make a quick trip down the road to Tesco, just to see When I got there the car park was busy with all sorts of 'younger' cars knocking about. I could tell it was gonna...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GTA_IV.jpg (155.5 KB, 80 views)
Administrator
Posted in Simo' Says...
Old

Storm Trooper

Posted 12th April 2008 at 19:25 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

I've had the new Megane for 2 weeks come tomorrow afternoon and I'm still enjoying it! The car's now covered 348 miles and cost quite a bit in fuel. Its currently averaging 24.1 miles per gallon, which is much better than the Turbo VTS, so its not all bad! Just a pity fuel is so expensive... £1.07 per litre I paid this afternoon!

The engine is pretty fruity and muchos fun when the turbo kicks, but if I'm honest, I'm getting a little too used to it already RS Tuning do a nice little ECU upgrade for about £400, which puts the power upto approx. 260bhp, which is nice...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_3177_x.jpg (95.0 KB, 293 views)
File Type: jpg img_3194_x.jpg (132.2 KB, 293 views)
File Type: jpg img_3204_x.jpg (76.9 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg img_3212_x.jpg (103.5 KB, 238 views)
Administrator
Old

Writing a Blog

Posted 11th April 2008 at 19:13 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

Well, the Saxperience Blog has been live for about 3 weeks now... so how are things going? Things could be better I guess
I'm not an expert blogger, nor do I aspire to be, but I think this is a really useful resource for 'us' to use... but only if we use it wisely!

I've seen quite a few blogs around here, which I dont really feel are blogs at all. But what really is a blog? Wikipedia provides an overview, as usual...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
A blog (an abridgment of the term web log) is a website, usually maintained by an individual, with regular entries of commentary, descriptions
Administrator