Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

Tyre puncture!

Submit "Tyre puncture!" to Google Submit "Tyre puncture!" to Facebook Submit "Tyre puncture!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tyre puncture!" to Digg Submit "Tyre puncture!" to Twitter
Posted 16th May 2008 at 00:57 by Simo

On the way home from work this evening I had to pop into a garage for fuel... I was literally running in fumes

On the way out of the garage, 3 guys were admiring my car, They'd done their homework and were quoting all sorts of Megane R26 stuff from the mag's, etc.

So... I drove off from the garage feeling proud of the motor. Straight away I heard a tapping coming from the passengers side front wheel. The type of noise a stone makes when its lodged in the tyre tread.

On the way home, I tried a few moves to dis-lodge the stone, but it wasn't having any of it! When home, I parked the car up on the drive to take a look... and was gutted! A bloody bolt has managed to find its way inbetween the tread pattern and punctured the tyre! Its only covered 700 miles and its knackered already!!

I've decided not to use the 'spray' provided with the car, as they make a mess when it comes to replacing the tyre! I'm going to have to drive to a garage at some point tomorrow to try and get it repaired. Hopefully a local place will have the right size in stock.

It's not gonna be cheap!! Michelin Pilot Sport 235/40/ZR18
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tyre_1.jpg (94.5 KB, 84 views)
Views 8728 Comments 9
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Ouch!

That will be mega expensive, did you get one done?

Do you think the lads had done it or just pure unlucky?
  2. Old Comment
    Bit shit, Funny tho as it looks like a saxo bolt.
  3. Old Comment
    interesting, i got a nail in my tyre yesterday too! Got the spair on at the moment, will go to a tyre place at some point this week, hopefully will just be able to repair it!

You have any luck getting a new tyre?
  4. Old Comment
    I tried a few tyre places on the way to work yesterday and they didnt want to touch it in case they scratched the black rims! lol.

At lunch, I went to see a mate of mine (DannySp8) at another garage and had it plugged up for £10. Result!
  5. Old Comment
    thats a damn good result, was quite a big hole! Mine will def be fine in terms of getting it plugged.
  6. Old Comment
    That's good you had it plugged, especially with size of it.

How is the car anyway?
  7. Old Comment
    still not got round to sorting mine out, last time this happened it was about 6months before it got fixed, determined it wont be the same this time! lol
  8. Old Comment
    Just like the wife's car - but she drove hers 20 miles from Gatwick to home with an ALLOY FLAT punture and didn't know she had one lol!

"I though it felt a bit rough!"

Heheh.

But unlike you, I now have to buy a whole new tyre as its knackered, and it was brand new too
  9. Old Comment
    finally got round to getting my tyre plugged today, £5 then it was £2 for them to swap wheels over

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks