Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs

Old

DONE!

Posted 9th June 2009 at 15:55 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

I forgot to do this the other day.

Finally got the fronts finished! I tried to start the torrsion bar but I ended up with a sheared bolt, a grazed fist and sore knees again! (I'm getting too old for all this kneeling down!)

So, I decided to put it back together and replace the bolt I sheared and got on here to post a thread to see if someone can come do it for me before FCS. No was the resounding reply so, I either bung a sicky from work on thursday (which they won't like as i'm off monday and tuesday too) and take it to ABP or somewhere... OR.... I leave it till...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lowered1.jpg (71.1 KB, 22 views)
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Saxperience webclip / favicon for iPod Touch and iPhone

Posted 7th June 2009 at 12:19 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

Over recent weeks I've been having a play with how to make the Saxperience community more accessible, via the iPhone (sorry non-iPhone peeps!) via the TapaTalk application.

Whilst exploring the possibilities, I decided it would be pretty neat to setup a custom Saxperience webclip (icon), similar to the ever popular browser favicon. The Apple webclip is a whole lot cooler though

So, in future, if you choose to bookmark (use the + button in Safari) a Saxperience web page to your iPod Touch or iPhone desktop, you'll see the new Saxperience webclip in all it's glory!...
Administrator
Old

more drudging with shocks!

Posted 4th June 2009 at 21:22 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

I FINALLY got the struts apart yesterday so today i thought i would tackle getting the caps off the struts and replaceing the old shocks for the new ones...
Now the thing is, I have been borrowing a spring compressor of a guy in a garage down the road so any time i have them i have to get the job done so i can drop them back to him in the morning. I dropped them off this morning and then thought "With the trouble i've had with the rest of this job, I'll not get them back tonight".

So what happens today. I get back from work and set about trying to undo the top...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

WOO HOO, Progress at last!

Posted 2nd June 2009 at 22:21 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Finally I got somewhere today!

I got the missus to sit in the car and press the brake pedal with all her might whilst i managed to undo the stake bolts using my old cat converter as a big lever!

Then i managed to get the rest of the bits off the struts and get them off!

Now at last I can strip the buggers down and get the new kit on... Then it's onto the rear! I just hope I can get everything back on before the weekend, that way If i can't budge the torsion bar i can run it over to a garage or someone to do it for me!

Whilst I was...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02062009802.jpg (74.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 02062009803.jpg (80.4 KB, 16 views)
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Oh my god!!!

Posted 1st June 2009 at 20:02 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

I set about lowering the front of the car this weekend... stupidly i only started it on Sunday "How hard can it be?" i thought, you just undo everything and pull the strut out etc... i read up on here about ho it's done and found a guy willing to lend me a sring compressor and off i went.

After spending nigh on an hour bashing the crap out of the track rod end i remembered i had a haynes moding manuall under the bed... of i went to fetch it as theres no way it should be this hard... i must be doing something wrong?
Turns out i need a ball joint tool. Right oh......
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

It's on!

Posted 29th May 2009 at 18:13 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)
Updated 2nd June 2009 at 22:23 by Alanapone (Added pics)

Right as you know the exhaust has been sat here awaiting a new manifold to compliment it. Well, I didn't get paid as much as i thought i would so the mani is on hold till after next month i think. shame cos i wanted it on for FCS but, never mind.

On another note, I ordered the suspension and that has arrived too... I ordered the -35mm drop APEX kit from KAMRacing. came really quick and with no hassles. I'm going to see if i can fit it myself... fronts don't look too hard. I'm going to see if i can rent a spring compressor for the day and maybe a slide hammer and give the torrsion...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28052009790.jpg (64.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 29052009791.jpg (64.4 KB, 10 views)
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Exhaust Glee!!!

Posted 22nd May 2009 at 17:22 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

IT'S FINALLY ARRIVED!!!!!!

After yesterdays run around and rant at KAM I returned home from work to find another failed delivery note, BUT, this one said the parcel was left with my neighbours! AWESOME!!!! ran straight over and got it... sure enough it was the back box! Sorry KAM but i thought i was going to get fucked around! I appologise! i've just set it up in the hallway for a test fit... It all looks good as the pics will show. Just need to nip to the kwickfit round the corner and get a manifold to pipe fitting kit as the seal on my standard one is screwed then i can throw...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 22052009777.jpg (60.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 22052009778.jpg (52.8 KB, 22 views)
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

MORE exhaust problems!

Posted 21st May 2009 at 20:15 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Not only is the guy I sold the Powerflow exhaust to, not able to pick it up for a few weeks as he's working 'nights and weekends' but I had ordered a race center section and a piper backbox off KAM. I got a thing through the door when i got back from work to say it had been attempted delivery and that if I rang the depot I could go and pick it up. I rang the depot, they didn't answere the phone even though I left it ringing for about ten minutes (cos i'm like that!) So I decided to just go and get it... Turns out the depot was half an hour away but thought 'Sod it! I want my zorst on!' I've just...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Track Preparation...

Posted 16th May 2009 at 17:32 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

April 2003... Track preparation.

A thrash had been arranged between the Pug 106 boys and the Saxo lads... the showdown would happen at Bruntingthorpe. Ten cars from each side would do battle. It would be the first opportunity of the year to get some timed trials done and probably give people some motivation to take their cars that one step further in the future.

Some quick decisions had to be made. Turn up in standard road going trim or go on a strict race diet!

After a little persuasion from Danny, the race diet was formulated. It would include a serious...
Administrator
Old

Steady Running...

Posted 16th May 2009 at 17:21 by Simo (Simo' Says...)

November 2002... Steady running.

Since fitting the new exhaust manifold, some of the idling problems have vanished. It seems that the old system was allowing air to be drawn in after the combustion chamber, which was playing havoc with the lambda control system.

The car is now running 100% better than it was 6 months ago and it seems like I've finally engineered out a lot of the design flaws.

We're now well into the winter season with dark nights creeping in. This makes it difficult to take on some of the bigger modifying jobs, as usually it's too...
Administrator