Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Nij

Rate this Entry

Isle Of Wight Holiday Blog

Submit "Isle Of Wight Holiday Blog" to Google Submit "Isle Of Wight Holiday Blog" to Facebook Submit "Isle Of Wight Holiday Blog" to StumbleUpon Submit "Isle Of Wight Holiday Blog" to Digg Submit "Isle Of Wight Holiday Blog" to Twitter
Posted 18th June 2008 at 09:09 by Nij
Updated 18th June 2008 at 09:31 by Nij

Decided to do a blog of our holiday....

Monday 16th June
We set off at 6am.
Drove down to Portsmouth, stopping at my aunties in High Wycombe for a coffee at about 10am.
Was a nice drive down, with only a little bit of traffic/rush hour, until we got off the ferry, where we scraped the underside of the car on the way off, which did some damage to the exhaust (sounded like a heat shield rattling)........
We arrived in the Isle of Wight at 2pm, and decided that as we couldnt get into the holiday park till 4, we would have a little mini tour around Ryde and see if we could find a garage to take a look at the car. So much fun trying to find a garage who was willing to try get the car on a ramp (as it is so low) - but we found a place with a MOT ramp that is sunken into the floor - so no probs getting on (just they were busy, told to return at 11 the on the tuesday).
We went to the holiday park, got booked in and settled in. Had the best fish and chips of our lives for tea - Fatharrys in Sandown.
Back to the holiday camp - to see the entertainment - not the best live band i have had the pleasure of, but better than nothing. Then a walk to the beach (5 mins) - so peaceful.

Sorry for the picture quality - only had my phone with me
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7631 Comments 6
« Me, gardening?     Main
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Tuesday 17th June
    Washed the car and drove to the garage in Lake to try get the rattling sorted - no luck, told to call back at 4........
    Decided to take a tour of Newport and then Cowes (West Cowes) - a beautiful place, stopped and had coffee and cake by the sea, the best chocolate cake I have ever had.
    Fort Victoria was next on the hit list - a really nice place again (what is it with this island? Its so nice) - went round the model railway (I used to have a hornby kit as a kid - but this is huge) with all its little people and adult things lol.
    As it was mid afternoon, decided to take a coastal drive back to the garage in Lake, some amazing views (including a view point which was rammed so decided to go back later on in the day). Got to the garage - still cant get it on the ramp - they will call me ----------- Bull.
    I then remembered that there was a National Tyres near Newport - so as a last ditch attempt we went there. The lad there was really sorted (owns a modded Focus) - got my car on the ramp, took one look and ripped off the lower cat heat shield and put the middle rubber back on - job done and wouldnt take any money (gave him some beer tokens instead).
    Decided to go for a drive to that view point again then return for food and drink......... The bloody sun - in the way, so the view point wasnt much good - Typical

Updated 18th June 2008 at 09:33 by Nij
  2. Old Comment
    Wednesday 18th June
    The weather for the first time isnt nice hot and sunny - it was overcast - not too cold, but not the good stuff we have been having so far.
    Decided to have a go in the middle of the island today - Godshill (with its Toy museum and model village), Wooton, Havenstreet, Ashley & Smallbrook steam railway.

Also I finally got round to fixing my alarm bleeper (soldering the battery joints back up) - just on the look out for the metal part that attaches the bleeper to a key ring for the spare bleeper.

Then decided to have a relaxing late afternoon and evening, so a dip in the pool is next on the cards, followed by evening meal cooked by my own fair hands in the chalet......then a relaxing walk on the beach and bed lol.
  3. Old Comment
    Thursday 19th June
    A windy day - but at least it wasnt raining and it was quite warm.
    Went to Needles, played a round of crazy golf (which did go crazy towards the end). We were planning to get the cable car to the beach - but it was too windy so stopped running.
    Decided as it was a clear day we would take the pleasure flight today rather than tomorrow - not knowing what the weather would be like - though it was still windy and we got blown about all over.
    Then a swim in the sea - then the pool (both outdoor and indoor).

4. Old Comment
    Sounds like you had a good time over here dude
    I'm definatley going to have to go to that chip shop in Sandown lol
  5. Old Comment
    I love the Isle of white, not been for a few years but its a lovely place
  6. Old Comment
    Good read that nij, never been to the isle of wight myself however I spend every summer for at least one week in dorset (swanage) I can always see the rocks of the island but have never ventured across, was going to last year but didnt quite manage it.

Seems like you had good weather too, going again this year?