Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs

Here's the progress blog for our Citroen Saxo VTR. It's owned by my girlfriend Nic, so all mods etc are okayed by her and fitted (and mostly payed for) by me. feel free to leave any comments or ask any questions. Hopefully it'll be informative and interesting.

Cheers, Alan.
Old

Small update

Posted 30th January 2010 at 14:20 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Just a quick update, with the rolling road day coming I'm trying to motivate myself to get the car sorted and tidied up a bit... due to the weather though, it's been the last thing on my mind.

Also a contributing factor to the delays is the landlady of our house has decided she wants to sell up. this left Nic and I with a problem: Do we A, Stay until she sells and in the meantime save as much as we can. Or B, get out asap. We have decided for option B. The reasons for this became reinforced when we started to look at similar size houses to the one were in. Basicly the place were...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Dragging on...

Posted 6th January 2010 at 16:09 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Well, Since the last post, Not much has happened, I got some bit's to bodge the BMC filter on for the time being and I've got a Raceland Stainless Steel manifold to go on. Also got the bits to give her a service. I was going to get it done over Christmas but with one thing and another I didn't get the time and now the snow is here it'll be a while till it gets done. To make matters worse we misjudged stuff this year so the tax, MOT and insurance are all due over the next 6 weeks!

Unless i can get some of the spares on my for sale thread sold I think she'll get SORN'd for a month,...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A fair bit of progress

Posted 13th September 2009 at 15:35 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)
Updated 13th September 2009 at 15:37 by Alanapone

Well, since the last post I managed to source some polyrace rear beam bushes, a new front grille, a BMC intake, some 205 GTi wheels and some uprated wisbone bolts. Next up is to source some track rod ends, polyrace front wishbone bushes, some shepnar or polyrace rear wishbone bushes and some new ball joints, then i can get the wishbones refurbed.

I managed to get a set of polyrace bushes from KamRacing, came deaad quick so i set about getting the old ones out. I think it would have been a lot easier to burn them out but as i don't have a blowtourch it was the old hammer and screwdriver...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12092009946.jpg (79.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 05092009934.jpg (78.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 08092009935.jpg (54.7 KB, 19 views)
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Kind of success...

Posted 9th August 2009 at 01:02 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

I have sourced some 266mm calipers AND a Rear beam!!!

I will be picking them up tomorrow, the beam has been lowered 50mm which is exactly what i wanted, i'll change the shocks for the Apex units i have and i'll get some poly bushes for it to try and stiffen it up a bit. I had a look into upgrading the torrsion bars and anti-roll bars but it's too much money for me.

So hopefully soon, i'll have the beam sorted and swapped and some tasty big brakes under these dinky wheels.

Hopefully this will be a good end to a shit weekend.
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Weekend of doom!

Posted 8th August 2009 at 14:42 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Well so far this weekend, The cat has died, the rear beam has been deemed fooked and the windscreen wipers wouldn't work!

What a 24 hours it's been.

I've managed to fix the wipers, I had replaced the ariel base as it was siezed up, when i'd tightened it all up, i'd trapped one of the wires for the map light which is on the same fuse as the wipers. i spotted it and taped it up and it all works again now.

I was booked in this morning at Demon Tweeks to have the rear end lowered... it's been standard hieght for ages now and i was really looking forward...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

slow progress

Posted 4th August 2009 at 21:45 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Well, i've got all the new interior bits cleaned, the remaining interior is cleaned and hoovered... I found £1.10 down the seats, i was expecting more but hey

theres a pic of the stripped look... i quiet like it, might try and keep it for a bit. I'll be finding out on thursday whether i'll be having the car lowered on friday or saturday. I can't wait. it'll be level again! I'm going to stick the straight through center back on and just have one seat in it for the run to Demon Tweeks, theres a few good roads to blast down lol.

I've also picked up a new parcel shelf,...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02082009903.jpg (69.5 KB, 24 views)
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

New interior and lowering finally going to be done :)

Posted 31st July 2009 at 16:38 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Right. since my last post, i've had to put the standard center section back on the car as the race tube is too loud for everyday pootling, it just isn't comfortable on the motorways as you can't drive at motorway speeds i.e. 65 to 90 mph or it rattles my tiny brain to pieces! and with the balancing on the wheels being shot i can't take it above 80 with out the whole car turning into a giant vibrating mess.

I've just been over to Altringham to get said wheels balanced only to be told that "the machine take 30mins to set up and i'm fully booked today mate."
My own...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A lot has been happening...

Posted 23rd June 2009 at 21:52 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Where to start....

I haven't posted anything since FCS so there'll be a lot in this latest episode of my blog.

FCS:
We decided to get a room in the sax-p hotel so we could meet a few people off here and hopefully make some new freinds along the way. We set off from ours at about 12 to meet the convoy at wooley edge services for about 1330. We arrived a bit early and sat around until a very nice Euro'd baby blue saxo turned up, the guy inside informed us that the rest of the convoy were about an hour away so we sat and had a good old chin wag and found out that...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

DONE!

Posted 9th June 2009 at 15:55 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

I forgot to do this the other day.

Finally got the fronts finished! I tried to start the torrsion bar but I ended up with a sheared bolt, a grazed fist and sore knees again! (I'm getting too old for all this kneeling down!)

So, I decided to put it back together and replace the bolt I sheared and got on here to post a thread to see if someone can come do it for me before FCS. No was the resounding reply so, I either bung a sicky from work on thursday (which they won't like as i'm off monday and tuesday too) and take it to ABP or somewhere... OR.... I leave it till...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lowered1.jpg (71.1 KB, 22 views)
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

more drudging with shocks!

Posted 4th June 2009 at 21:22 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

I FINALLY got the struts apart yesterday so today i thought i would tackle getting the caps off the struts and replaceing the old shocks for the new ones...
Now the thing is, I have been borrowing a spring compressor of a guy in a garage down the road so any time i have them i have to get the job done so i can drop them back to him in the morning. I dropped them off this morning and then thought "With the trouble i've had with the rest of this job, I'll not get them back tonight".

So what happens today. I get back from work and set about trying to undo the top...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized