Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

Decisions, Decisions...

Submit "Decisions, Decisions..." to Google Submit "Decisions, Decisions..." to Facebook Submit "Decisions, Decisions..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Decisions, Decisions..." to Digg Submit "Decisions, Decisions..." to Twitter
Posted 25th January 2010 at 23:49 by Simo

February 2004... Winter's passed.

I decided to take things easy with the car over winter, after all; who likes working on their car when its wet and cold outside? The car really loves the cold weather though and the torque produced on a cold winters morning is truly amazing! Turbo cars really do like cold (dense) air! *mental note* Where can I squeeze in a few extra inter-coolers?

The engine is working perfectly now and has been totally reliable for a good two years now - basically since it was re-mapped at GMC Motorsport. Thanks very much for your hard work and support John!

I decided that the car was a little bare since I'd stripped out all of the interior for the track day at Bruntingthorpe, so I decided to re-fit the ICE install. It was driving me mad having no music to listen to! Will this end up staying for long? Time will tell...

After the ICE install had been sat in the shed for a few months it was looking pretty tatty, so I decided to re-trim everything in fresh carpet. Whilst I was at it, I decided to make some false panels for the rear quarter sections and carpet those too. The finish isn't too bad and certainly looks better than sqeezing the standard panels back in place around the roll cage, or having no panels at all!

With spring just around the corner, I need to decide how I want the car to develop this coming year... but nothing is really inspiring me!

I'd bought some steel wheel arches at the back end of 2003, but it was going to be a big job to fit them properly. I could develop the engine further, but the reliability and enjoyment of the car as it stands is pretty good - why risk upsetting this? Decisions like this are never easy!

Views 2339 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks