Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

Laminate...

Submit "Laminate..." to Google Submit "Laminate..." to Facebook Submit "Laminate..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Laminate..." to Digg Submit "Laminate..." to Twitter
Posted 15th October 2008 at 23:12 by Simo

So, myself and Suie are shopping on Sunday and somehow the crazy idea of buying new flooring for the conservatory crops up!? Random... yeah, I think so! I've always been an impulse buyer though

So, after a trip to Homebase and B&Q we load up the car with a trolley full of decent quality laminate flooring. We managed to get the exact same stuff from B&Q, but it was £8 per pack cheaper than Homebase's 25% discounted stuff. result! By the time we got home and moved all of the furniture out of the way, it was about 5pm. I wanted to get it all sorted by Sunday night really, but I came across four problems.

1 - My chop-saw's blade was too small Sorted that by lending a circular saw off Dad! (thanks Dad!)

2 - I decided to chop out a big step from what used to be the house's external back-door. (I have no chisel!)

3 - It goes dark at about 6pm and pitch black by 8pm these days!!

4 - New neighbours have just moved in next door and I didn't want t make too much of a din on Sunday evening.

So... on Sunday, I got all of the under floor matting down and laid about half of the laminate and did a few small plumbing alterations! Not bad for a few hours of silent working

On Monday night I got home too late to bang around chopping the door step out, so there wasn't much I could do! So yesterday I finished work a few hours early and bought a chisel and took all of my anger out on the door step... whilst leaving a ledge for the door to seal against!

By the time Suie got home from work I'd made pretty good progress and by about 8pm I'd finished the whole floor. To complicate things it started absolutely chucking it down with rain so I had to do all of the cutting indoors.

Note to self - try to decorate before buying furniture, as its a right pain in the ass trying to fit a room full of furniture in one half of the room, whilst cutting, banging and working in the other half of the room!

That's another job done though... and the only downsides are that we now want to replace the back-door and kitchen window and replace the conservatory roof. lol We've had a year off from decorating though, so it doesnt seem too bad.

Might as well get used to a bit of DIY again though as the winter nights draw in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lam1.JPG (55.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg lam2.jpg (80.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg lam3.jpg (127.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg lam4.jpg (96.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg lam5.jpg (114.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg lam6.jpg (99.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg lam7.jpg (84.1 KB, 9 views)
Posted in Simo' Says...
Views 6148 Comments 5
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    looking very smart dude

sorry i was to hung over to help

just need to sort the roof and windows now, then it might not be -100 in there
  2. Old Comment
    looks good dude... i like!

when i get round to dropping the transformer off will have to take a look
  3. Old Comment
    Yeah, coolio MIke - I needed that transofrmer for the circular saw on Sunday, but ended up with a cordless instead

G - remembered any of Sat night yet? <snigger>
  4. Old Comment
    sorry about that dude, will try getting it back to you asap.

have a week of 'reflection' next week so should get time then
  5. Old Comment
    Floor looks really nice.

Like the colour.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks