Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

Improving Saxo Security... Deadbolts.

Submit "Improving Saxo Security... Deadbolts." to Google Submit "Improving Saxo Security... Deadbolts." to Facebook Submit "Improving Saxo Security... Deadbolts." to StumbleUpon Submit "Improving Saxo Security... Deadbolts." to Digg Submit "Improving Saxo Security... Deadbolts." to Twitter
Posted 25th January 2010 at 23:26 by Simo

May 2003... Secure your Saxo.

The Peugeot 106 v's Saxo thrash has been postponed until the 23rd May... bring it on! My car is still stripped out, ready for the day at Bruntingthorpe. The new engine mounts are so stiff that the whole car vibrates on idle. It's so loud too. Not sure whether this is a good thing at the moment!

I was recently contacted by a local security firm, interested in improving security for us Saxo owners. It's gotta be worth a look I thought! Nick is his name... and what a nice chap he is! After chatting to Nick (from Car-Stuff) for a little while my mind was made up... time to try out the "doublelock system".

Loads of Saxos get broken into by people punching the door locks, or punching through the door skin itself; but what Nick is offering is a dead bolt system, operated by your alarm key fob. I was very impressed by the design and fitment of the dead bolts and they really do work! Look out for the saxo deadbolt-kit, coming soon!

Views 3314 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    What happens when your battery in your key fob dies?
  2. Old Comment
    Replace the battery in the fob...

Its worse when the car battery dies, then I've had to climb in through the boot, pop the bonnet open and put some charge into the battery before I can open the doors.

A little hassle if you have problems like these, but does make the car much more secure.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks