Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

Grand Theft Auto IV

Submit "Grand Theft Auto IV" to Google Submit "Grand Theft Auto IV" to Facebook Submit "Grand Theft Auto IV" to StumbleUpon Submit "Grand Theft Auto IV" to Digg Submit "Grand Theft Auto IV" to Twitter
Posted 29th April 2008 at 01:31 by Simo

Release date : 29th April

So, I'm sat at home writing someone's appraisal, which I need to deliver at work tomorrow - it's not going well!

It was 23:55 on the eve of the launch of the cult classic... GTA IV. Im trying to decide if there's gonna be a massive queue at the 24hour Tesco, or whether people won;t be going 'that' crazy over the game launch.

Enough thinking... I decided to make a quick trip down the road to Tesco, just to see When I got there the car park was busy with all sorts of 'younger' cars knocking about. I could tell it was gonna be busy inside, but I didn't expect to see a queue approx. 40 metres long, full of people queuing for the chance to buy this game!

It seemed pretty obvious that not everyone was going to get served... even if I did wait the hour or two to get to the front of the queue. I took a quick trip to he 24hr ASDA, but just as I got there everyone was leaving as all '36' copies had been sold! 36 - is that all was pre-ordered!?

So, it was time to head back home... but thought I'd chance a cheeky text to Graeme. He'd been waiting in the queue at Game Station in the town centre since 11pm At about 20 past midnight, Graeme let me know that he and his mate had both managed to buy copies for the PS3 and that the queue was now thinning out. Result!

I made a detour to the town centre, parked the car and met up with Graeme and his mate. After a 5 minute walk through the deserted shopping centre, we arrived at GameStation. There was no queue! The sales dude said they were just about to close the shutters as nobody else was coming in.

And that was that... I'm £44 worse off and have had a nice trip out around town. Now its time to fire the game up.... then have a shave and worry about writing that appraisal in the morning... lmao!

Simo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GTA_IV.jpg (155.5 KB, 80 views)
Posted in Simo' Says...
Views 5994 Comments 5
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    how is the new game?
  2. Old Comment
    Only played it for an hour on and off, inbetween writing peoples appraisals

Just turned the laptop off and will finish my final appraisal in the morning, hopefully. So its time to go and fire up the PS3 again!

So far, the game seems pretty good! The cars take a bit of getting used to when razzing around the streets and the brakes seem awful!

Working upto nailing the bird - Michelle. Will feedback when I lose my GTA V badge
  3. Old Comment
    You made Dan's day by the seems of things at Game at 00:41 in the morning

I'm pining after this game it's so bad, no-one should have these deep feelings for any game.

Lucky you got the copy tbh, was the drive worth it? Stormtrooper or saxyness?
  4. Old Comment
    haha, when i pass my exams i am buying myself a PS3, end of. You will not see me for a month whilst i go into gaming over drive... don't know how harriet will take it, shes already in a love hate relationship with the iphone... she loves it, but hates it when she sees it as i cant stop playing on it!! eventually she will learn to deal with it!
  5. Old Comment
    You know you need to nip around Mike and see what the fuss is all about

It's not 'that' good... honest

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks