Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs

Old

The summer of 2010 awaits

Posted 29th May 2010 at 21:11 by raunchz (Mk1 16v TB'd Westcoast)

Thought this blog was due a little update as things have been a bit quiet recently on the car front.

With Uni almost finished, I'm left with a good 2 months off over the summer before starting a graduate job, so I plan on relaxing and doing a bit of work on the car.

During the summer I hope to get the following done:

- Engine out
- Engine bay seam welded
- Engine bay painted up
- Strut top plates welded on
- Small part of bulkhead 'edited' ready for the Be conversion

I'll be selling the TB's, and then fitting...
Saxperience Addict
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Back on't road!!!

Posted 29th May 2010 at 18:25 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)
Updated 2nd June 2010 at 14:50 by Alanapone

It's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!

Picked up bumper this afternoon, got it fitted, took her for a spin and.... AWESOME!!! NOTHING rattles any more, the wheels feel like their going where you point them and that's even with out any strut braces on

Just need to replace the 2 rear tyres, get the spacers glued on and get some new strut braces and she'll be ready for the track!

Reason she needs new strut braces are: I fancied a change from the heavy block of metal upper one that was the E-Tech brace and the lower one was a bit mangled after numerous run-in's with speed...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0424.jpg (58.8 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0426.jpg (57.4 KB, 50 views)
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Fcs :d

Posted 22nd May 2010 at 14:32 by canaryvtr

Fcs tickets arrived to day cant wait gonna b wicked am gonna be stayin with vtrsarah nite b4 so gonna have a wicked time. girls nite out woop woop
Established Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

needed

Posted 21st May 2010 at 22:02 by pablo83

in need of a front end for my vtr.
in silver mk1 or mk 2 but got 2 be silver.
can pick up 2moz
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Rear beam returned!

Posted 18th May 2010 at 21:58 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Had a really bad day today... Got a speeding ticket, found out my gun licence has "disappeared" due to the police! and my works car was 2 hours late being picked up by the garage! then when they did pick it up, the courtesy car was a punto with two tyres in the boot so i couldn't put my stuff in, no petrol in it and it was a right state!

So with all that i thought what else could go wrong... and my beam arrived! I can't believe how good it looked compared to the one i sent away! it's as new condition. I opted for the Oilite upgrade too to get some extra life and stability...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Started tinkering already

Posted 18th May 2010 at 20:37 by mtpagey (My fourth and final VT)
Updated 19th May 2010 at 04:26 by mtpagey

Work started on the new vts already, some bits needed done. Other bits were changed cause i had them lying around from my old mk1

Plasmas went in after a bit of a fight

ready...

damn, oil light's out ...

So took them back out and sorted the wiring which had come apart. While I was tinkering i thought i'd try and source what I reckoned to be my misfire problem... found it! The lambda isnt plugged...
Saxperience Forum Bum
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Brakes on!

Posted 17th May 2010 at 16:18 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

My mate cam over yesterday to help put the brakes on... Didn't start off well as we couldn't figure out how to get the hoses off the copper piping but after a good douse in WD40 and some gently persuasion with some mole grips they came free! So we got the hoses on, fitted the discs, put the callipers on and fitted the pads with lashings of copper grease! gave the system a bleed through and all was fine. Just need to get the rest of to car put back together so i can check if the stop any better.

Well chuffed that they're on now. We didn't get the rear hoses on though as It was beer...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Small update.

Posted 15th May 2010 at 19:28 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Well, so far, I've managed to get the beam off and the two that i had have been sent away to I.M. Axles. the brakes have been removed and the new ones ground down, test fitted and removed again ready for the old callipers and hoses to be removed (hopefully my mates coming over in the morning to help bleed the system) the windscreen washer jets have been fitted and the wishbones are on.

The wishbones need to be tightened up once the cars back on the ground to make sure they are sat right.

The washer jets were simple to fit, the hoses just pull off and they snap out...
North West
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

More photos

Posted 10th May 2010 at 18:35 by marsbar247

Couple of photos for you all!!! it was cleaned yesturday and today (am i sad?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100510_141431.jpg (56.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 100510_141450.jpg (71.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 100510_141506.jpg (66.2 KB, 5 views)
Infrequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The big push!

Posted 9th May 2010 at 20:58 by Alanapone (Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment)

Right then, this weekend has seen the start to a major overhaul of the Saxo-mobeeeeeele!

The plans are to get a refurbished rear beam off the IM-Axles group buy, Some new wishbones will be fitted, the 266mm callipers will finally be fitted and some discs and pads bought for them and a set of new windscreen washer jets that squirt a mist rather than a jet will be fitted. Also the bumpers will be removed and hopefully resprayed.

So First off, Saturday morning at 0900 saw me and the missus (Nic) heading off to AutoGlass in Manchester to have the windscreen replaced....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0332.jpg (44.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0333.jpg (42.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0334.jpg (53.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0335.jpg (58.8 KB, 25 views)
North West
Posted in Uncategorized