Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs

Old

shell work begins.

Posted 13th February 2013 at 20:20 by NismoSteve

I've now stripped the new gti of all its engine bay gubbins, so I can begin to clean all the paint off and see what there is to play with.
I'm trying to sell all my J4 stuff as the little pug will be running a bigger heart! More of that later as its a secret SHhhh!

The weather is still shit and I'm only getting one day a week to do anything, plus I'm helping my mate do his 106 too.

More soon........
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

further developments.

Posted 31st January 2013 at 09:10 by NismoSteve

There was no way I could get the 02 plate through a Vic check with so much of it missing, so that idea was shelved, I've also moved house and been left with no place to work on the car.

But on the plus side, I'm now good buddies with the lad who had the quickie and I've been heling him with his car over the last few weeks, in return for some garage space

So in the weeks that have passed, I've moved, scrapped the saxo shell, binned off the 02 shell and retaxed the gti for another 6 months.

The gti developed a bit of a rattle from the rear, which...
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Exhaust is underway!

Posted 28th December 2012 at 12:31 by Ross

Well, my trusty and much loved 2.5" full system has had to make way for a 3" full system as the 2.5" was causing too much back pressure at over 400bhp...

So - all the parts have arrived, and it should be on the car and fitted before the new year (yes, 3 days time!). Pics to follow.

Once that's in, the rest of the engine pipework fabrication can begin. This year I'm having more solid pipework than last year which used a lot of silicone pipework. The upside is better looks and better heat protection (I can wrap the solid pipes in gold reflection foil)...
Super Moderator
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Service parts have arrived

Posted 28th December 2012 at 11:19 by Scott83

My parts came yesterday, Fuel Filter, Oil Filter, and spark plugs for less than £15, not bad prices on parts for these Saxo's.....

Going to get them on the car hopefully Sunday and i'll clean the O2 sensors and add some fuel system cleaner in to hopefully get rid of the EML.
L-plater
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Never owned one then I bought 2 VTR's in a week

Posted 25th December 2012 at 20:01 by Scott83

Right, I have mainly owned Proton's in the past with the quickest having a Lancer GSR Turbo engine in it.

I was looking for a new project and I was offered a 1998 plate VTR for circa scrap money.

The drive shaft was nackered, so it had to be towed half way home (with my trusty 172), had a quick look over it and found a hole (never looked over it properly when I picked it up as it was cheap enough to get my money back on and it was raining heavily).

Not being certain how bad it would be, I bought myself a 2003 plate VTR in red, this one seems solid and...
L-plater
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

New shafts and hubs

Posted 27th November 2012 at 13:00 by Ross

Another step closer last week with the arrival of the hubs and shafts, so the drivetrain is basically complete now.

We're on course for a date on the road of before the new year still.
Super Moderator
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Updated Idea's

Posted 4th November 2012 at 04:30 by stevie_m
Updated 8th September 2013 at 00:50 by stevie_m

I was back in the UK in October to see my little Saxo in a sorry state, front tyre has a slow puncture and the battery has went flat. Paint was looking a little dull too.

I know I have some minor electric problems which I think are due to fuses blowing, if not a couple of sensors are well and truely goosed. Hand Brake sensor isn't working, Door sensor on the driver side hasn't worked since November.

Right back to business...

Recently bought the 106 Leathers which I'm more than happy about and will fit them when I get home in December, going to sort...
Saxperience Forum Bum
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

More done

Posted 3rd November 2012 at 10:22 by Ross

All ancillaries in, suspension, steering, gear linkages, bulkhead cut and welded as needed, gearbox mated to engine now, fitting the pair today.
Review of wiring layout and position of electronics this afternoon.

More to come soon!
Super Moderator
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Running gear

Posted 30th October 2012 at 00:28 by Ross

Well, the running gear is back in. Pics to follow. Still the headache of a new loom to be made up but we're getting closer day by day now to having her back. Eta for being back on the road is around 01/12/12 now
Super Moderator
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

things have developed......

Posted 2nd October 2012 at 11:34 by NismoSteve

Well since running the GTi for a bit I had a look round for someone localish to get a heater box and matrix from, as doing a 50 mile commute to work (only once a week though) is no fun when its freezing and there is no heater!

I found a lad who was breaking a quickie, so went to help him take the heater box out. After half hour or so it looked like it was gonna be a ball ache, having to remove the dash, wiper motor and all that.

In the mean time I had a look round the shell, hmm I was thinking.
It is an 02 plate, and was being broken as the lad hadn't got...
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized