Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs

Old

Purchase to Present (31/07/09-01/02/10)

Posted 1st February 2010 at 21:52 by mtpagey (My fourth and final VT)
Updated 11th May 2010 at 08:37 by mtpagey

Three an a half years after buying my vtr, im now on my third vts. Those of you may remember me writing off my (mint) Posi Blue Mk1. For those that don't, heres the links (pictures and info on the first pages)
Mk1 VTS arrives
End of the VTS
Pictures of it the right way up

After picking up another Mk1 low mileage standard green vts, i never really grew to like it so was always on the lookout for something better.

After a 20 hour round trip to south wales, I was the proud...
Saxperience Forum Bum
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Future at 31/01/2010 ....................

Posted 1st February 2010 at 16:52 by raunchz (Mk1 16v TB'd Westcoast)
Updated 17th February 2010 at 12:28 by raunchz

I've been trying to decide where I want to go with the car recently.

The car is amazing when on tight and twisty roads, it brakes well and goes well. My only wish would be to have a bit more 'grunt' in the car. It does gain speed very quickly, and will keep up with most cars, but I'm getting to the stage where I want something a bit 'scary' almost.

I'm hoping to take this car for a bit of boost. From reading specs I think 250atw would be plenty enough for me. I want to try and future proof it power wise, and for it to be reliable.

This is where I'm...
Saxperience Addict
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Car as it stands today 31/01/2010............

Posted 1st February 2010 at 16:37 by raunchz (Mk1 16v TB'd Westcoast)
Updated 17th February 2010 at 12:28 by raunchz

I've recently purchased and fitted a set of mk1 morette headlights.

I chose to paint these matt black to try and five the front end a bit of a meaner look, but I'm still undecided on it tbh. I'm hoping it will grow on me, plus I think the inner headlight holes will come in use for future modifications.

The engine bay needed freshening up, so I ordered a new jp4 coil pack cover and badge from Citroen. The badge itself was almost the same price as the cover!!!

I plan on moving the battery and washer pump/bottle behind the passenger seat which should give...
Saxperience Addict
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Things getting a bit more comfy now...........

Posted 1st February 2010 at 16:33 by raunchz (Mk1 16v TB'd Westcoast)
Updated 17th February 2010 at 14:26 by raunchz

I'd kept my eye open for a bucket seat. I took a little trip upto Manchester to pick up a Cobra Evolution S XL bucket seat, and I ordered a 3" TRS harness to go with it.

At this point I'd leave the standard seat and belt in for the passenger - I rarely have one tbh so this wasn't my priority!!

Got a pair of subframes welded up by Matt - so the seat was ready to go in.

I finally had the time to get the carbon doorcards in.

I purchased an RMD steering wheel from Alex on here, I wasn't 100% keen on the RMD sticker in the middle of the wheel...
Saxperience Addict
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A bit more of a 'TRACK' focus.........

Posted 1st February 2010 at 16:17 by raunchz (Mk1 16v TB'd Westcoast)
Updated 17th February 2010 at 12:29 by raunchz

Having had some time on the track at Trax - I began to want to up the cars spec a little to make it a bit more track focused.

I initially stripped the rear of the car out, nothing to hardcore at this stage though. I wanted to get a good bucket seat and harness, and a new steering wheel. Trying to hold onto the steering wheel while the Westie seat chucked me about on the track was hard work !!!

Eventually I'd need a cage to make things a bit safer, and I want to remove the sunroof and fit a non-sunroof skin from Citroen.

I bought some 21mm rear PSF torsion...
Saxperience Addict
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Started doing my Head in .........

Posted 1st February 2010 at 15:58 by raunchz (Mk1 16v TB'd Westcoast)

Having finally got some time to fit some parts to the car, I started with changing over the headgasket.

This meant time for another new cambelt. Whilst it was off I decided to give it an oil change and new filter, coolant flush, new plugs, cambelt and thermostat. Moreover, I had purchased some lockable aerocatches which I planned on fitting asap to help improve the look of the front of the car.

I wanted to keep ontop of the maintenance side of the car, so that it wouldn't let me down as I'd replace parts in anticipation of them failing. In hindsight this was possibly...
Saxperience Addict
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Some bargain purchases............

Posted 1st February 2010 at 15:52 by raunchz (Mk1 16v TB'd Westcoast)

Having kept an eye on the forums and ebay for a few nice parts I came across some parts that I bought at bargain prices for me.

I bought a set of OZ Anthracite Superleggeras with good condition R888 tyres, a Helix Aluminium lightweight flywheel, some carbon dorcards and a set of JP4 camshaft covers.

I'd been using the car as a daily driver and doing around 50-100miles a day commuting on the motorways. The car was great and rarely missed a beat - it was a bit noisy but I was fine with that, as the noise when on the slip roads more than made up for it !!!
Saxperience Addict
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Time to get some of these parts fitted........

Posted 1st February 2010 at 15:30 by raunchz (Mk1 16v TB'd Westcoast)
Updated 17th February 2010 at 12:30 by raunchz

Having all these parts sat in your bedroom is a bit frustrating, but when I had time off from Uni I decided it was time to get them all fitted.

I purchased a new cambelt ready for fitting the cams, and fresh oil - so I had now worries of fitting them. I ran them in for 20 minutes at 3k to help maximise their life.

I began discussing the Ecu with Datashift and booked a date for Andy to come to Bournemouth, install the Ecu and then go out for a bit of road mapping.

I had purchased an Innovate Lc-1 Wideband system - and to this day, it has been an excellent...
Saxperience Addict
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Quest for more power, handling and braking.........

Posted 1st February 2010 at 15:09 by raunchz (Mk1 16v TB'd Westcoast)

Since having the 16v engine fitted, the extra power coming from a 1.4 8v was great, even though I still had the Westcoast gearbox fitted (very long non-sports box)

I'd been keeping an eye out on peoples progress threads and where people were taking the spec of their car. The Westie was slowly getting on a bit, and I decided to freshen up the suspension with new parts.

I sort of knew that I wanted to go NA with the car, but initially held back engine wise with the aim of sorting out the chassis first so that if I had a change of heart or went a different engine spec...
Saxperience Addict
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A drunken purchase.............

Posted 1st February 2010 at 14:56 by raunchz (Mk1 16v TB'd Westcoast)

After surfing ebay, and getting the urge for a bit more power I began to look at other cars or doing some sort of engine conversion on the Westcoast.

I'd spotted a 16v engine still in the car, on ebay. This was perfect for me as I could remove everything myself and make sure it all worked fine etc. but I didn't really have the balls to bid as wasn't 100% about actually doing the conversion or insurance etc.

Having come in drunk one night, one bid and I'd won the 16v engine

One Saturday me and S8TTG went to London to remove it, 3hours later we...
Saxperience Addict
Posted in Uncategorized