Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs

Old

Sunday 4th March. trip to Coventry.

Posted 9th March 2012 at 14:48 by NismoSteve

Took a trip down to Coventry to pick up the new engine from vtr_Chris. Had a good chat and a brew before loading the 206 with a boot full of J4.

Very impressed with the rebuild that Chris has done with the bottom end
Its had all the essentials done including balancing.
So I've ended up with-

Block cleaned, checked and honed.
çrankshaft checked, measured and balanced.
Rods checked, measured and balanced.
Pistons checked, measured, new rings fitted and balanced.
All ne bearings and thrusts fitted.
Oil pump checked,...
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Feb twenty something.

Posted 22nd February 2012 at 12:14 by NismoSteve

Not much to report, weather has been crap, fell out with the Mrs, got back with the Mrs.
Got my kenwood 4 channel amp running a jbl 10" sub now. Hadn't a clue what all the settings on the amp were about, but I think I've figured it now and it sounds half decent.
I'm finding it difficult to work ot which way to go with it now as I like the lightweight stripped out feel of a car, but I also like the comfort and music.
I might try to drop some weight via some lighter panels, strip out the back end and save weight where I can but mounting the sub and amp more centrally...
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Turboin' my car

Posted 10th February 2012 at 20:24 by robharnett

Right im a tad confused at this moment in time and was wondering if any of you guys are abit more clued up on the subject than i am lol. Basically i've just been readin this months performance french car and a lad has turbo'd a 16v'd rallye. He says that the standard internals can take up to about 200bhp. Firstly, i was wonderin is this true and what sorta bits am i goin to need to do to my car? Cheers ;)
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

8th Feb, relocated battery.

Posted 8th February 2012 at 23:26 by NismoSteve

Well, I say relocated battery, it started out as a "quick clutch cable adjust" but while the battery was out I thought it would be rude not to fit it in the boot. Its not finished yet as I need to use the car for work but its in the boot lol.

I had a nice length of heavy duty battery cable lying around, so whipped out the passenger seat and got the carpet it, fed the cable through the usual gromet and cut down the OE battery terminal for the positive and crimped the new cable to it. The original earth got bolted to where the battery tray went

I've left...
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

over the weekend. Mrs car.

Posted 6th February 2012 at 04:02 by NismoSteve

Friday night the Mrs found another 206 she liked the look of, the seller was asking £350 for it, diablo red four door 02 plate 1.1 lx.

As her current 206 (a 98 S) is well and truly shafted (rear beam) she decided that this red one would be a good bet, it was close by so we took a look.

The guy was honest enough, telling us what the running fault was (advertised as running on 3 cylinders) he thought it was the coilpack. There was no tax or test and it had done 110k.
I was thinking 350 was too much and the more I looked round the less I was prepared to give....
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

6th Feb, worrying smoke:(

Posted 6th February 2012 at 03:36 by NismoSteve

I'm hoping the excessive white smoke I'm getting is just crap and water that's been sitting in the standard system that I refitted on Saturday.

Coming to work this morning at 3am it seemed to be chucking a LOT more than the normal amount of smoke, its not oil, and the engine temp went up to the right place as normal, heaters working fine, oil levels not changed.
I'll check the water level later when I finish work.

Hoping its just the exhaust, it just needs to hold itself together another month while I get the new engine sorted. Fingers crossed lol!
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

5th Feb; engine news

Posted 5th February 2012 at 14:32 by NismoSteve

Well, the poor engine in my VTS has had a hard life, its done 110k miles and I would imagine not many of those would have been sympathetic miles

It uses oil, and just recently ive noticed it smoking more.
But.......in a few weeks time I shall be picking up a reconditioned engine
Its not yet been run and the head is off. Its had all ne bearings and rings and the head has been cleaned and had new valve stem seals.

I've just got to put the head on and get a few bits to finish it off. I could wait until I've got all the bits for boost, but I don't...
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

4th Feb, Supersprint removed!

Posted 5th February 2012 at 13:58 by NismoSteve

Had enough of the racket the supersprin makes its too noisy for me. I'll sacrifice the bit of extra oomph it made for a quieter drive.
Besides the bore is too small for the boost I'll be going for next year.
I'll be using a 2.5 inch custom twin silencer system possibly with a sports cat.
I think half my problems with the supersprint was the fact the rear silencer is about knackered.
But for now the standard system with cat is back on.
Its due mot in may anyway so it can stay on till I'm ready to boost.
Frequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Updates:

Posted 28th January 2012 at 19:53 by JClutterbuck

[IMG]http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg611/JClutterbuck/c442a600.jpg[/IMG]

Spotlights

[IMG]http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg611/JClutterbuck/c553767b.jpg[/IMG]

Dash

[IMG]http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg611/JClutterbuck/81c2d0d8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg611/JClutterbuck/94c69bc9.jpg[/IMG]

Kam Racing, Decat!

[IMG]http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg611/JClutterbuck/da046c76.jpg[/IMG]

Currently in the process of:
Moving the head...
L-plater
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Modifications underway.

Posted 27th January 2012 at 11:06 by Kenobi

So the Saxo now has a bit of a better coldair induction kit. Still using my Green cotton filter stolen from work.

Also Just ordered some flocked parts, they should look trick.

I now own 3 sets of standard VTR alloys.

One set im having done white, best contrast against blue i think. One set im having dipped (unsure what tho) and one set im hoping to have french flag on. We shall see how that turns out.

Car is now succesfully chipped/remapped. Feel more responsive more lively. I will want to see proven gains on Sunday or its going back...
Infrequent Poster
Posted in Uncategorized