Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Andi9386

Rate this Entry

First Time Blogger

Submit "First Time Blogger" to Google Submit "First Time Blogger" to Facebook Submit "First Time Blogger" to StumbleUpon Submit "First Time Blogger" to Digg Submit "First Time Blogger" to Twitter
Posted 11th April 2008 at 23:05 by Andi9386
Updated 19th April 2008 at 12:06 by Andi9386 (Add Photos)

Well, its my first ever time blogging, so please excuse me if I screw up a bit.
Its just that I'm new to this Blogging thing.

All I can think about to talk about right now, is the Storm Selsey had back in March.

Right here goes.

Monday 10th March as you may know, Selsey's Main Caravan Park Westsands became submereged after the Sea broke through the Sea Defences, causing it to be closed and Evacuated.

I can't rember what time the Sea Broke through the Defences, but I know it was early Afternoon, a Friend of mine Paul Sienor owned and ran a small shop inside the Embassy Building Complex.

A Call came through on Paul's Two way radio from Security asking what Paul was doing, and he said "I'm in my shop why do you want to know?"
Security replied by Saying "How many staff are in the Complex?" "About 6 of us why?" Security then said to him "Get the Hell out of there!".
Now Paul being Paul questioned secruity as to why he should evacuate, "Because the Sea's going to be coming in to the building if you and all other staff don't get out now!".

They were evacuated via a raft constructed by the Firebrigade to accomadate one Landrover, which all staff had to pile onto.

1 Hour after they've got out the Sea Breaks through the Defences, and waves break over the top of the Three House's near the Embassy Complex, then over the top of the Park Reception.

I spoke to Paul later that evening and he said that John Bunn (Owner of the Caravan Park's!) had walked along the Sea Front with Paul and other staff and said "It'll be fine, the Sluice Gate'll take alot of the water!".
How wrong he was.

I also spoke to one of the Community Warden's who said that he and the Police had been stopping people from gaining Access to the Caravan Park.

As far as I know the Caravan Park's up and running again but not fully.

I have just uploaded my photos that I took two days after the sea broke through it defences.

Theese were taken down at Selsey Bill.

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5823 Comments 2
Main     My Accident! »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Nice introductory blog!

Did you manage to get any 'local' photos? Natural disasters are terrible. The sea in particular has many hidden powers. (as in muchos energy... not in a bizarre power ranger way )
  2. Old Comment
    Yeah I got some from a couple of days later, when I hadf my accident. (long Story, not for blogging!)