Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

The Turbo is Back...

Submit "The Turbo is Back..." to Google Submit "The Turbo is Back..." to Facebook Submit "The Turbo is Back..." to StumbleUpon Submit "The Turbo is Back..." to Digg Submit "The Turbo is Back..." to Twitter
Posted 14th May 2009 at 00:48 by Simo

April 2002... It's back at last.

I got my car back from RC Developments just before 1am on the 31st March... Hooray!! Since getting the car back, I've been busy fitting the air/fuel ratio meter and tidying the engine bay up. But that's all I can do for now, as my car's gone in to the bodyshop to have the new bumpers sprayed.

Whilst the car's in the bodyshop, Rob will also be repairing a dent in the passenger side wing and door... another battle scar from SST. Hopefully the car will look good at the Donny 2002 show with the new D&M front bumper and the Dimma rear bumper?

Unfortunately the car still needs the Dastek Unichip mapping to accomodate the change of engine compression and the different camshafts. I've also had to order a replacement 5th injector as the original injector was declared unsafe by RC Developments.

April 2002... Show Season Starts.

My car came out of Rob's sprayshop on the Tuesday before the Donny Show 2002. The car then went straight back into another garage for an MOT... Good news, the only things it failed on were rear brake pads!

Myself and Gaz fitted the new rear pads, whilst Danny helped to mesh the front bumper amongst other things... As always, this turned into a late night, with the work finishing at just after 1am. The following morning, the car went back to the MOT station and passed!! Things were now looking good, with only one day left before the Donny show.

But... something usually goes wrong just when I really could do without it. Whilst test-running the car, the alternator regulator gave in, which meant that 17.5V were passing through the electrical circuits under high revs... Gutted!

Luckily I had a spare alternator from my old engine, so this was quickly fitted on the Friday morning... BUT the power surge had blown up my Dastek Boost controller module... which meant the 5th injector could not be used. No additional fuel means no boost pressure

Views 2776 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks